29. WHY !!?

Life has never been fair with anyone. In all these years of your existence, atleast once, you must have compared your life with a billionaire's, a celebrity's, or anyone who has an upper hand in things you desire...
How easy it is for us to judge people's life only on the basis of what we've seen or wanted to see, like, look that particular person have all the luxuries -name, fame, power, money everything!! how happening his life must've been... but we often forget to look what goes on behind the screens.

A 29 year old, young, dynamic, only heir of one of the leading production house of Indian film industry, and a renowned Director, The Shaurya Sabherwal, standing here, in the balcony of this 1 BHK flat with a bruised hand, broken heart and a mug of black coffee, gazing blankly at the dark sky...

Happening life? Hell yeah!!

-

"Shaurya" keeping my hand on his shoulder, i tried comforting him, he heaved a sigh

"Look there", pointing at something in the sky, "what do you see?" He asked me

"It's dark... dense clouds covering the moon and the all stars" he himself answered

"Just like my childhood... maybe..., I was kept in dark..., her sudden departure marked the entrance of these dark clouds, taking away all the happiness, stars n moons from my life, without giving me a prior warning... the reason... The reason why she abandoned me?"

"Was I not worthy enough to be called as her son? What did I do to not deserve her love?"

With each passing question he removed the mask that he had put on his heart, i could see the cracks through his eyes and could listen the breaking noise through his voice, freeing himself from all the chains, today he decided to let out his pain...

"25 years Anokhi! She didn't showed up even once!! Didn't i deserved to know the reason why she left me? Whatever happened in her past... at any point... was me at fault?

Those blood shot eyes, filled with tears.. threw daggers to my heart

"If I wasn't bad"
"If I deserved her love"
"If I wasn't at fault"

"Then why she left me alone !!?"

"WHY !!?"

Gazing in my eyes, he tried finding answers but hopelessness was all he could decipher...

"Iska matlab to yahi hua na Anokhi ki vo kbhi ek achi maa thi hi nhi..."

"Shaurya"

Unanswered questions, unheard pleas, gloomy thoughts and he was drowning deep
I wanted to hold him, pull him and see him heal

"No Anokhi.. today... don't stop me please"

Volcano of his hidden pain was bound to erupt today...

"Jb unka apne 4 saal ke bete ko chhodkr jana galat nhi tha to mera unse nafrat karna galat kyuu?"

"Bolo... Jawab do mujhe"

I couldn't do anything but see him breaking, his each shedding tear, kept my heart piercing

"All my childhood I've yearned for her..
For once... atleast for once.. come to your son and hold him... more than anything he needed you!! Just YOU! Your Presence..."

That last string holding his pain was too now broken, falling on the swing chair, he cried, cried and cried
I hugged him, consoled him by stroking his back, till his sobs turned to silent whimper, he composed himself... holding his hands i kneeled down to match his height...