LONG TIME NO SEE ; il dottore

✧ fatui harbinger :: il dottore, the doctor

fatui harbinger :: il dottore, the doctor.

warnings :: kidnapping. mentions of experimentation. and honestly dottore himself should be a warning /j

 he remembers when he was still a student at the prestigious sumeru akademiya

 being a scholar of the kshahrewar darshan, one out of sumeru's six main schools, the one which specialised in technology. being part of the akademiya's few students who had quickly rose in popularity ( or infamy, in his case, ) due to their sheer genius. still being known by the name 'zandik'.

 he was always interested in technology dating back to the archon war or possibly before it, and how those machines worked. he always loved to learn how these clockwork contraptions clicked. and if these creations were so genius — since they were made to be better, to perform better than humans, what if they were added to people to improve humanity in general? people are imperfect, and everyone has flaws. people are limited by their weak and fragile bodies. in some certain situations, death can come to them far too quickly. but just think — if they were stronger, if they were better, people could achieve so much more!

 of course, people didn't really agree with his views. having been kicked out of his hometown, seeing the people who he grew up with carrying pitchforks and torches and shouting "monster!" as they chased him out, banning him from ever returning to the place he once considered 'home' ... zandik had to make sure that he was on his best behaviour at the akademiya. after all, if he wished to continue studying his interests, he would need a good environment to do so in.

 maybe he could call sumeru akademiya his new 'home'.

 and for months, he was, in fact, doing rather well, mind you ...

 but what could really be considered a 'home'?

 ... well, everything had been going smoothly. he had even become a trainee dastur. perhaps the reason why he hasn't officially been moved up to the role of dastur was because he always had close calls with trouble, narrowly avoiding getting caught doing things that he should not have been doing. he was treading on thin ice with some of the professors already. he remembered that part too.