PERSISTENCE ; alhaitham

✧ grand scribe :: alhaitham

grand scribe :: alhaitham.

warnings :: asshole behaviour /j

 facing any arising issues with a cold, calculating demeanour paired with impenetrable logic and an intelligent mind; such is the method that alhaitham operates by, always applying this unspoken rule to any sort of situation he comes across

 you could say that he is a selfish man— only involving himself in situations in which he is sure to gain something out of. he does not assist people for the sake of assisting those in need, but he instead helps for his own sake, as he had already predetermined that he would be able to benefit from it much before he even jumped into the action.

 his curiosity is what fuels him; as a scholar of the akademiya, in the nation where gaining knowledge is power, it only boosts that curiosity further, encouraging students to find out the secrets of the world and the gods, both existing, emerging and long gone. there isn't anything he isn't willing to do if it meant that it would further his research and be able to momentarily quell his thirst for knowledge.

 and you just so happened to be his latest object of interest.

 as a student of the akademiya, you rarely have any time on your hands; always busy studying in the library, off conducting research, or pulling all-nighters completing the piles of homework you receive. but what alhaitham is interested in is not the monotony of your life as a student, no no— for the same kind of life could be said for over half of the akademiya's population. what is truly interesting about you is the nation you came from.

 ever since the two of you had made your first encounter in port ormos, he had suspected that there was something different about you— your first meeting with him was but a brief interaction, nothing particularly interesting; it was an interaction which most would be likely to not remember, due to it being such an insignificant part of the day— but it had only taken that brief for alhaitham to suspect that you appeared somewhat different from a regular resident of teyvat.

 while he didn't expect to cross paths with you again anytime soon, it appeared that his prediction was wrong— barely a few days after, you had bumped into the grand scribe once more. there, taking his chance, he had decided to ask if he could trouble you to give him a few minutes of your time; just to see if he could gather any more information about you from the simple and unsuspecting conversation.