SUFFOCATING ; il dottore

✧ fatui harbinger :: il dottore, the doctor

fatui harbinger :: il dottore, the doctor.

warnings :: death, gore. and reader says 'fuck' like once if you wanna count that as a warning lmfao

 after your residential address was rather forcibly changed to 'the fatui headquarters, snezhnaya', life has become increasingly suffocating, no thanks to il dottore

 after your residential address was rather forcibly changed to 'the fatui headquarters, snezhnaya', life has become increasingly suffocating, no thanks to il dottore. there were always fatui recruits on patrol lurking by every corridor, cicin mages and pyro agents ready to report suspicious activity back to their superiors at a moment's notice. the other harbingers also occasionally stopped by on official business, however, the times you would see them were very few and far between, despite them being around the headquarters or the palace a lot. well, that was to be expected, as dottore never really trusted you wandering around by yourself.

 dottore himself ( and his many clones ) now visited the labs with an increased frequency now that you were there. their excuses are always along the lines of how convenient it would be to just use the main lab since it was the largest, most technologically advanced, and also contains most of the materials they require. naturally, it would be that way, though— after all, there was no better place to keep the main lab than the fatui headquarters itself, right near zapolyarny palace. what kind of fool would trespass there?

 there was nobody you could turn to, and nobody you could ask for help. not in this unforgiving place. if you were found wandering in an area which was deemed 'out of bounds' for you, the nearby agents would 'escort' you back to the lab. some of them wouldn't even have the decency to handle you nicely, instead roughly grabbing you and practically tossing you back into that cold, desolate, godforsaken lab. going to a different harbinger for help was also out of the question— all eleven of them were as insane as they come. plus, nobody was allowed access in dottore's labs ( except if they're returning you there, but that only requires them to be in the room for a very brief moment before they rudely shut the door behind you ). and especially if they were trying to help someone escape. even more so if it was you in specific. chances of escape surely would've been much higher if you were just some insignificant test subject whose life was expendable. dottore probably wouldn't have been too hindered by the disappearance of a test subject or two every now and then ( although he would be a little bit peeved ).