Tuesday Morning

Thank goodness Darkspine is disciplined, or else I'd say he's worse than Fleetway. If Fleetway took steroids, then you get Darkspine, minus the stupidness. I can't begin to explain my personal hatred for Tuesdays because of this, but I always remind myself that Tuesday isn't on the weekend. Tuesdays aren't a generally fun day anyway. For some reason, Tuesdays always find a way to be boring, at least for me.

I woke up late, on the wrong side of the bed. As soon as I woke up, I had been greeted by Darkspine's rudeness. I pushed past him just enough to slowly get ready for the day, since I was still aching from my "trip" yesterday. I was at least glad that I had actually accidentally found a chaos emerald. I gave it to Tails last night to scan it for me.

I sat on the dining table, patiently waiting for Tails and Knuckles to finish in the kitchen when Cream and Blaze walked through the door.

"Mornin' ladies." I coughed.

"Good morning Sonic." Blaze softly replied. Cream instantly went to see Tails, leaving Blaze alone. I hesitantly motioned for Blaze to take a seat next to me, so she wouldn't stay standing.

"Not your day?" She asked comfortingly.

"When is it ever...?" I groaned, gently smacking my head on the table. My legs twitched at Blaze's hands on my back, attempting to soothe me. It worked, but I didn't expect it, mainly because Blaze wasn't ever really the "touchy" type. Can't really explain it.

"You know I'm here for you whenever you need, right?" Blaze stuttered. I instantaneously sat straight up, realizing what she wanted to talk about last night.

"Yeah whatever..." I spat. She looked at me weirdly, but understood that it was Darkspine. Idiot. Sometimes I wonder why they take pleasure in meddling in my life.

"Breakfast is served!" Tails and Knuckles announced as Cream took a seat at the table. I smiled softly to Blaze, but mainly to myself. Enjoying breakfast with some friends should take my mind off of Darkspine.

"So Sonic," Tails started, taking a bite of eggs, "I got the results from the green emerald you found this morning."

"Of course I miss that. Anyway, what'd you find?" I asked, dumping syrup over my entire breakfast. Blaze whisper-giggled at my action.

"The green emerald has mind reading capabilities. Not just thoughts apparently. It has the ability to show what goes on inside minds in the form of a holographic screen!" Tails happily informed.

Knuckles practically chocked on his food. "So what you're saying is that we can finally see what's going on with Sonic's alterations?!"

"Exactly that Knuckles! If Sonic is okay with it." Tails responded, reflecting a question to me.

"Where there any side effects shown?" I asked.

"Nope." Tails shook his head.

I sighed. "Then I guess I'm okay with it. No better way to deal with something than to understand it. Tonight works if everyone isn't busy."

"I'm free." Blaze spoke first.

"Me too!" Cream chirped.

"I'll ask our other friends later as well." Knuckles proposed. Well, then that's it. My friends will finally get to witness the contained chaos I have to put up with on a daily basis.

Blaze dropped a slice of bacon on my plate, and I happily accepted, without a grunt from Darkspine of course.