Treehouse

This is gonna be A Fedex oneshot, so if you don't like Fedex, go read something else.
And please, if you're a homophobe, please get out. I don't tolerate them. Because LGBTQ+ rules and God loves us all. (If you'll not religious, you are welcome. I'm Christian, but if you have a different religion or not religious at all, then that's okay.) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️ ⚧⚧⚧⚧⚧ and no Fitz-bashing please. And pretend Fitz and Sophie never dated.

Fitz's POV (takes place at a sleepover at Everglen.)

Fitz ran out of Everglen as fast as his legs can take him, going to the treehouse his and Biana's father built it when they were little. He liked going in the cosy interior when he was stressed.

He sat in a beanbag in the corner, looking out a little window cut into the wall. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes, and exhaled after a few seconds. Repeating the action a few times before he relaxed and calmed down enough to open his eyes again. Trying to confess to a girl you thought you loved, and finding out she loved someone else was heartbreaking. It felt like pieces of his entire being was breaking off and floating away.

"Let me guess, you tried to confess to Sophie, but she ended up loving Keefe instead?" A voice said, making him jump with every part of his body coming to high alert, expecting a Neverseen member to jump out at him any second. But to his surprise he found a familiar guy huddled in the corner reading a book. Dex.

Fitz wanted to be mad at him for being nosy, but instead he faced Dex and asked, "how did you find this place?"

Dex rolled his eyes, "I asked my question first, you need to answer it." He said matter of factly.

Fitz got off his beanbag and sat down next to Dex, which he must've found surprising, because he scooted a few inches away from him. Fitz didn't know why he sat next to him—he could've stayed in his beanbag—but he probably just needed someone to be in close proximity to someone.

"Yes." He explained, "and I don't know what to do about it."

Dex shrugged, "I mean, it was quite obvious that she liked Hunkyhair, she always had an excuse to go to the Shores of Solace. And she always blushes when he flirts with her, Keefe does the exact same thing. If it gives you anything to think about, I think they were just inseparable from the start and made for each other, you can see the look they have when they look at each other." (putting at least a little Sokeefe in here, cause I can. You would to if you were doing a ship oneshot that wasn't Sokeefe.)

Fitz narrowed his eyes, "are you trying to make me feel a lot more worse."

Dex laughed, falling into Fitz's side, then quickly sat upright, blushing. He cleared his throat. "Just saying that you and her weren't meant for each other. You just had a crush on her. She's not your soulmate." Dex said.

Fitz thought about that for a moment, tilting his head and noticing that Dex's periwinkle eyes caught the light at just the right angle, making them sparkle. "So, answer my question, how did you find this place?" He asked, wanting to know how he found this place in the woods surrounding Everglen.

Dex shrugged again and blushed, "I just needed a place to get some peace, and Biana must've sensed that, so she sent me up here. I-I can go if you like." He stumbled to get up. But Fitz caught his arm.

"I think I need some company right now." He blushed, wondering how that sounded. "I mean, I just need somebody to talk to." He said, pulling him back down.