Prologue 2/2

(This chapter has been edited)

Before arriving at the destination of where the cab was parked, Alice spotted a waffle store nearby, she thought, perhaps the driver could wait a bit longer, and so with that thought, she quickly went into the store and the next time she emerged, the black haired girl carried a bag of newly purchased fresh waffles at the request of her younger sister. She raised her right arm to look at her watch, hoping she hadn't taken too much of her cab driver's time.

'6:58 pm'

Although little time had passed, the sky had shifted completely dark, all the street lights were turned on, fully illuminating the sidewalk. Alice didn't want her cab driver to wait any longer, so she made haste to meet her driver.

.

.

.

A few minutes later Alice made a right turn on the sidewalk, up ahead she spotted a white car with the app logo of the car-sharing app on it, she figured that was her cab. She calmly walked toward the car and grabbed the handle of the backseat passenger door open.

"Excuse me? Are you waiting on someone named Alice here?" the black-haired girl asked as she ducked her head into the car trying to spot the driver."

She saw a middle-aged man turn his head around to look at her.

"Y-Yep that's right" He stuttered.

Alice glanced at him briefly, wondering why he stuttered. She quickly dismissed it, thinking this was how he spoke to people.

She slowly climbed into the car, placing her bag beside her and the bag of waffles on her lap. She then proceeded to grab the handle of the car's door and shut it beside her.

The car unexpectedly drove off quite abruptly which startled Alice. She was unsure why the driver took off at such an alarming speed.

Driver —- Passenger —-

Passenger ——- Alice —-

She sat in a position where she was sitting diagonally towards the driver. Before getting into the car, she couldn't really make out his appearance since it was so dark. Now that she was inside the vehicle, she got a better look at him.

He had a worn-out face, his clothes were messy, his hair wasn't fixed right and he smelled awfully like alcohol.

'Must've had a rough day huh...' Alice thought.

"W-Where are you h-heading to, miss?" The driver asked, looking at the rearview mirror, eyeing the black-haired girl.

Alice was quietly gazing out the window, her long black hair was dark as night, and her hazel brown eyes glimmered in the reflection of the glass. She had pale skin which looked even paler under the moonlight.

"Windsdale, 28th street," Alice said.

The both of them fell silent, no one talked as the ride went on, Alice actually preferred drivers who doesn't talk much, she thought it would be mentally draining to hold up a conversation with strangers, and at the moment she wasn't in the mood to start up a conversation either, she was tired and exhausted from work, all she wanted to do was get home.

The car suddenly sped up which caught her attention again, she watched silently as the speedometer at the driver's seat slowly went up.

"Can you slow down a little? I think you're going a bit too fast."

"No w-worries. T-The faster the s-speed, the l-lesser time y-you'll need to get there!" A hiccup followed after.

"Isn't it dangerous?"