Chapter 6 - Progression

After the long voyage, the four of us had finally stepped foot onto the port of Dolle Harbor.

"Thanks, Captain! I had so much fun!" the spiky-haired boy said as he happily shook the hand of the captain standing before him.

"Hahaha! I had fun too!" the captain replied, letting out a burst of contagious laughter.

"Gon." I said as I tapped the young boy's shoulder, "I'm gonna go on ahead to look at the board with Kurapika and Leorio."

"Okay! I'll catch up in a bit."

I ran off to go find Kurapika and Leorio who were staring intently at the map displayed on a huge board. Not long after, Gon finally joined us.

"That's strange..." Leorio said scratching his head.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Well according to the notice I received, the exam is supposedly being held somewhere in Zaban City. We're here, and the cellar tree is there." The man said as he used his finger to glide through the map.

"Cellar tree... That's the opposite direction...." I hummed.

"Perhaps you heard wrong?" Kurapika doubted as he eyed the young boy.

"No, he definitely told me to go there," The young boy insisted, "Anyways, I'll go have a look. The captain must have a reason to suggest that."

"H-hey! You're serious? The bus headed to Zaban is about to leave!"

Despite hearing that, Gon continued to walk off, waving his hand. The three of us just continued to stare, dumbfounded.

"Alice, aren't you coming?"

"Oh right, coming!" I shouted, running to catch up to the boy.

"You're going too!?" The old man yelled.

We both continue to walk further and further, to the point Leorio and Kurapika became smaller and smaller.

"Hey Gon, Do you think they will come join us?"

"Hm? Maybe, Oh wait, I see Kurapika walking towards us!" the young boy said, turning his head to look back.

"Hello again, you two." Kurapika greeted.

"Welcome, I guess you decided to join us?"

"That's right, I'm quite curious about what the Captain said was true."

"Oh okay, I think we should wait here, I'm pretty sure Leorio is gonna come running as well."

Not even a second had passed when we heard someone yelling at us, "Hey! Wait for me!!"

All three of us stared amused and snickered as the older man came panting.
.
.
.
We all four finally arrived at what seemed to be an abandoned area, we walked through the rows of houses, noticing the area was empty of any people, crows cawed loudly and the only sound emitting from the place was the howling of the wind and our footsteps.

"What a creepy place... I don't even see a single soul around..." Leorio mumbled loudly.

"No, there are a lot of people here." Gon corrected.

"What?" The older man said surprised.

"Guys, hold on," I said, stopping in my tracks.

The rest of the group halted, and soon after we all saw two people emerging out of a door, they were heavily dressed, wearing a mask to conceal their faces. They rolled out a small stage, blocking the path in front of us. We stood puzzled at the sight in front of us.