Chapter 2 - Training & An Unexpected Encounter

(This chapter has been edited)

~Disclaimer~

My explanation or logic on nen is not 100% accurate, so if you notice something off, then I apologize.

TW// subtle mentions of suic!de

Alice sighed in disbelief as she sat down on the ground underneath a shade attached to a building, sheltering herself from the setting sun. She felt even more lost after she came to the realization she had reincarnated into a shounen anime.

"Why did I even get reincarnated here of all places?" She muttered blankly.

It was normal for her to be worried, cautious even. The world she was reincarnated into was nowhere near safe, there were things like monsters, weird powers, dangerous individuals, a place where there was no familiar normalcy in it.

She gazed at a nearby window, mostly focusing on her reflection, she pondered on what was the age of her current body.

'Maybe around ...One? Two years old?'

Alice chuckled.

'Do I really have a chance at surviving in this body?' She thought as she tighten her hand into a fist.

Her gaze then panned onto the money the man from before gave her.

'12,000 jennies huh? It's probably an inspired currency based on yen'.

Looking back, she wished she had thanked him, Alice wanted him to know that he saved her in time of need. She was truly grateful for her savior.
The blonde-haired toddler gazed up at the sky, the same pallet color of reds and oranges she once saw before. This... was her new reality.

The only emotion she felt at the moment was emptiness. She truly didn't know what to do with her second chance at life, she even considered whether if she should die again so she doesn't have to live with the burdened memories of her past life.

She had no one, no friends, no family, she had nothing. Born here without a single thing left but herself. She wasn't even born with a person she could get attached to. This new gift of life sucked hell.

Alice wanted to tear up, she wanted to have an emotional breakdown all over again, but she needed to get herself together and live!

There was something to look forward to in the empty life she was given, the only advantage of her situation was that some people were willing to trade their life just to be in her predicament, just to meet the main characters. She should somewhat be happy.

The blonde-haired toddler knew the leading characters to some extent, she already considered them the closest people in the world to her. Almost like family. She spent countless hours watching them alongside her sister and she enjoyed every moment of it. Sometimes she found herself envying having friendships as the main characters had between them.

And so with that, she concluded that her goal in this life was to reunite with people she considered "family". The people she knew most, the people she could trust. It was the first stepping stone she could think of for creating a presence in this new reality.

This new goal probably also acted as some sort of motivation to keep on living.

~ Time skip ~

January 23rd, 1990

"Going already, kid?"

"Yeah, it's about time I leave this place," I said as I picked up my bag, heavy full of necessary supplies.