𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤.

─☼☼☼─

𝙊𝙉𝙀 𝙔𝙀𝘼𝙍 𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙀𝙍

"𝘼𝙍𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙎𝙐𝙍𝙀 we have to go to this thing?"

Turning from her mirror, Charlotte fixed her boyfriend with an unamused expression. "Yes, like I already told you a million other times. Come on, babe. It's our graduation night! Don't you wanna celebrate?"

Rafe raised his brows, rolling over in her bed so he was on his stomach. "I can think of plenty of ways that we can celebrate just the two of us."

Heat rose to Charlotte's cheeks as she turned back toward her vanity. No matter how long they had been together, he always knew how to make her blush. "My parents and sister are downstairs." She chastised, voice low. "Keep it in your pants."

"Hasn't stopped us before." Rafe argued, a teasing smile playing on his lips.

Charlotte tried to fight the smile that was attempting to break through. "You're gross." She muttered, taking yet another bobby pin out of her curls. "But we're going to this party whether you want to or not...well at least I am."

High school graduation, the pinnacle of teenage-hood for almost everyone. Charlotte Carrera was no different.

She was thrilled to be moving onto the next chapter in life, but part of her was terrified. Things would be different...her and Rafe would be different. She wanted to celebrate together while they could.

Letting out a sigh, Rafe sat up in her bed, his eyes carefully watching as his girlfriend tried to dress herself down, her graduation ceremony look being deemed too much for the party they were about to go to. "You looked beautiful tonight." He commented, eyes not leaving her. "Like you always do."

With all the uncertainty that came with their future, one thing was for sure, Rafe Cameron loved Charlotte Carrera with all of his heart. Sometimes, it seemed to many that he loved her too much.

Smiling, Charlotte stood, making her way toward her bed where Rafe lay. Wordlessly, she flopped down beside him, letting out a content sigh. "You should be proud of yourself." She said softly, turning on her side to face her boyfriend. "I know how hard this year was on you."

Rafe gave her a small smile, one that didn't quite meet his eyes. "Couldn't have done it without you."

"Yes." She asserted, her tone taking on a more serious note. "You could have."

But that wasn't really the truth. The only reason Rafe Cameron had made it through his senior year was because of her.

He opened his mouth to speak again, to tell her how badly he wished they were going to the same college, that they never had to be apart. But the sound of Charlotte's ringtone beat him to the punch.

Tearing her eyes away from Rafe, Charlotte rolled onto her back, accepting the call.

Through the phone, she could hear the noise of the party in the background, and then a little bit louder was the sound of Kensington's voice.

"Char, you and Rafe have to get here, like, now! Nate Harrington just did a backflip on the roof!"

Grinning, Charlotte looked to Rafe as she assured her best friend that they were on their way.