chapter three: the pool

staz pov

it was the next day and we all decide it would be fun to go to the community pool. i got on my white suit and head downstairs.

"everybody ready?" i say after packing snacks, drinks, sunscreen, etc

"let's go!" roman says.

once we all got there, once again, everyone looks they just saw a ghost looking at us. i'm walking in front and the boys are behind me as we walk to some chairs in the sun. i see roman eyeing down someone but i couldn't see who.

"bro you look like you're gonna kill someone chill." i say to roman trying to get him to stop starring. "i actually want people to like us." but after awhile, everyone stopped starring but there were still a few looks here and there.

carl's pov

"everyone got sunscreen on?" fiona says before laying down. then, i heard the same cars coming closer as i did yesterday morning. my heart started racing.

"oh shit. it's them." ian says. then everyone at the pool looks over at the cars.

there she was. staz. in her white swimsuit walking in front of the boys. she looks hotter every second i look at her.

"yo carl stop druuling." debbie says laughing.

"shut up" i replied not taking my eyes off of staz.

i finally looked at the boys and one of them was giving me the death stare. i quickly looked away but then looked back to see if he was still starring. yep. he was still starring. ian was the only one who noticed him starring.

"holy shit carl. he's gonna kill you in your sleep bro." ian says whispering to me then laughing. he was right. he was already onto me.

staz pov

after about 2 hours of tanning and jumping into the pool to cool off, roman said it was time to get going to go to myles's uncles garage. i got out of the pool and roman handed me a towel. as we were leaving, i noticed carl and the rest of his family sitting down. i went over there and told the boys to come with.

"hey carl, hey guys!" i say getting over there.

"oh hey staz!" they all say.

"uhm this is my family." i say as the boys just reached us. "this is roman, that's brian, myles, and travis!"

"hey" they all say and wave.

"nice to meet you guys." fiona says. "this is carl, lip, ian, debbie, and liam! we're the gallagher's." she says pointing to each kid.

after that, it just got akwardly silent.

"well it was nice meeting the rest of you but we gotta get going!" i said breaking the silence. everyone said goodbye and we walked away.

"how did you meet them?" brian asked me.

"they live across the street and i helped carl with something yesterday ." i said not mentioning how we carried a passed out man into their house.

"mhm" roman says.

"what?"

"i don't really like them." roman replies.

"what? they're really nice how could you not like them?"

"something about them i don't have a good feeling about."

"well i bet they could say the same about us cause you won't stop giving them the death stare." i say making him shut up.

"yo what's with the one black kid huh?" travis said. "maybe he'll be one of us." he found himself hilarious.

carl's pov

"they can't all be brother and sister, can they?" debbie asked as we watched them walk away.

"uh i honestly don't know." fiona responds.

we watched them get into their cars and drive off. i already knew that roman had an eye on me. but i'll take the consequences if that's what it takes to get to know staz.