Two

Nick, matt, chris, and I sat in the living room, it had now been around ten pm, but I was as restless as ever

Nick, matt, chris, and I sat in the living room, it had now been around ten pm, but I was as restless as ever. Seemingly so were the boys. Chris sat on his phone, occupied by whatever he had been obsessing over for the last half an hour. I assume it had been some type of sports-thing. In all honesty, I never knew what the kid was up to.

Nick and I were huddled in the corner of the couch, exchanging looks as we scrolled amongst Pinterest. It had been our favorite pastime together, aside from making fun of his brothers. Matt, seemed elsewhere per usual, secluding himself to the tv. Matt usually was quiet, but this type of silence from him was unsettling.

"You know, I never knew what you saw in alex to begin with. I mean, come on, cy. You're taller than the guy, and he's not even funny." Chris spoke up, shrugging his shoulders in a helpless way. As if That statement was anything but helpless. I roll my eyes at him, my phone falling into my lap. "I'm taller in shoes, Chris. Plus, it doesn't matter to me." I reply, watching a sly smirk approach Chris' lips. "So you'll go for a dude who's shorter than 5'9?" He suggestively spoke, nodding towards me. This seems to catch Matt's attention, who's head swivels to Chris in seconds. He glares at Chris, looking as if he was moments away from tackling his younger brother to the ground.

My brows furrow as I watch the two for a moment, hesitant to speak. "Um... I'm not.." I begin, thankfully Interrupted by Nick. "Chris, she's literally my girlfriend. Stop dogging on my girl you fuck nut." He slings his arm around my shoulders, giggling as Chris raises his hands, surrendering to Nick. "Fine, my bad!" He murmured, shaking his head. My eyes shift to Matt, who seemed to just watch the interaction like he was outside of his own body. At once, his eyes shift to mine for a second, a longing look in his expression lasts seconds before he's gone. Matt stands from the couch, his hands swiping over the front of his thighs, I assume his palms had been sweaty or something. He typically did that when nervous. "Alright, I'll be right back." He clears his throat, dismissing himself.

Nick, Chris and I exchange looks but all shrug at once, the topic changing momentarily. I watch as Chris seems to keep his eyes locked to the back of Matt's head, which exited the front door abruptly. "What's that all about.." I say, Nick shrugs. Chris, on the other hand, looks at me like I had spoken a foreign language and insulted him. I doubt he'd understand that though, kid can barely speak English correctly sometimes.

"Nick, are you seriously just letting her be Fuckin' clueless to this." Chris' body shifts back into the couch, tugging his hat over his face and groaning. "Chris!" Nick spat, his eyes wide before they flew to me. I stay silent, unsure if I even wanted to ask further. "Matt's just.. got girl problems." Nick waved the topic off, shaking his head as he stared Chris down, taking a deep breath.

A few minutes pass, Chris is nearly dead asleep on the couch while Nick tugs himself up from the couch, grunting while doing so. "I'm gonna go check on Matt, it's been like twenty minutes." He announces, making way to the front door where Matt had last been seen. "Matt!" I hear, nicks revolting screech seems to wake Chris up immediately, panic flooding his expression while looking at me. "What happened" he scrambled to his feet, i follow order in doing the same. I shrug, but Chris doesn't question further. He darts out the front door, almost launching himself off of the front porch but catching himself on the pillar, pulling his body weight to gawk at the right side of the porch.