Eight

Song of the chapterI WANNA BE YOURS - arctic monkeys

Song of the chapter
I WANNA BE YOURS - arctic monkeys.

CYRUS hadn't been home in days since finding out about Alex. Nick especially found it concerning to leave her alone, but once the girl had ran out of clothes, there had been no choice for her to return home, atleast to grab some more. One of the biggest factors of her staying longer, was Chris insisting on going to some sort of party tonight. Although cyrus wasn't really up for it, she couldn't say no to Chris, especially when he made that stupid face of pleading. So, she decided to go, only if the boys had obliged and took her to her home, atleast to get some things.

Matt had been overly concerned as to why she wanted to insist on finding something perfect to wear, even inviting over alahna to help her. That was until he found out alex had been expected to come to the party, unfortunately. From then on out, he pledged to himself to watch cyrus' every move, as if he wasn't going to already.

"Salem! Salem! Psspspsps!" Cyrus called out for her beloved cat, grunting out of pure frustration as she walked through the front hallway of her home. "Jesus christ, where is that cat." She mumbled, an irritated tone tracing her words. Chris followed closely behind, snickering to himself. "Maybe he abandoned you like you did to him." The girl swiftly turned around, swatting Chris upside the head. "Shut up you fucking fool, not funny." She seethed, Chris had backed up and rubbed over the side of his head that was sure to be reddened by her slap.
Eventually, the black cat had crawled out from under the couch as cyrus walked by, assuming he had recognized her scent. An immediate purr, and frantic meows elicited from the small cat, who had been rubbing up upon cyrus' ankles. Eagerly, she plucked the cat from the floor, mumbling soft words in a baby voice to the small animal.

"See, Chris. He didn't fucking abandon me. Dipshit." She murmured, leaving the boys to her living room, alahna following behind her.

"So, what exactly are you dressing up for? If I recall, you haven't even thought twice about your outfits at parties." Alahna spoke, raising a suspicious brow at the brunette. Cyrus hadn't quite been sure why she wanted to dress up, but she just felt like it. After her breakup, she was tired of the pitiful stares from her friends, or messages on social media that consisted of a constant hey girly! Or a im soooo sorry, how are you? Or the occasional random guy in her requests asking for her Snapchat. Which was an immediate No from her.

Cyrus only shrugged in response. Though Matt knew her ex would show up, and the other boys; she hadn't known. "I don't know. I just feel like, I don't want people to think I'm just this sad girl who only cares about her love life." She murmured, side-eyeing alahna who had been rummaging through her closet. "I guess that makes sense." Alahna replied, plucking a silk white dress from cyrus' closet and chucking it towards her. "You're gonna look hot as fuck in this, cy. Trust me." She said with a grin, placing her hands onto her bare hips. ".. alahna. I bought this. Myself." Cyrus replied, staring at the girl who had seemingly drifted out of the room while avoiding eye contact. "No need to thank me, cy!"

after the girl had been dressed, she exited the room, her nerves more edged than ever before. for once, she had put an effort into the way she looked beyond a simple shower and a small amount of makeup to enhance her features, now she had been quite the catch to the physical eye. never before had cyrus felt this beautiful. all four sets of eyes had been on her now, matt's in particular having an intense and overwhelming gaze. she never felt the unusual pit in her stomach from his stare until now. it had been unsettling in the most pleasant way. a crimson tint overtook the skin of her complexion, which alahna had noticed in the blink of an eye. nick as well. "oh my god you look gorgeous" alahna spoke, rushing over to cyrus with frantic hands and a wide grin. "if someone doesn't take you out, i sure as hell will." she said, cyrus laughed in response. although the comment was pure sarcasm, and a complement, matt couldn't help the jealous and possessive urges he had at that exact moment. he had wanted cyrus all to himself, especially now. he knew she was beautiful, without the makeup or fancy clothes especially. his words had been caught like bait at the tip of his tongue, and he could feel his siblings eyes on him, waiting for a complement to seep through his lips, alahna as well.

alahna had known just as well as the others how undeniably infatuated matt was with her. it was something you could just see when looking at him, especially when his eyes were always on her.

"damn, cyrus." chris spoke, which snapped matt out of his hypnotic gaze on her. his eyes had now snapped to his brother, a deathly glare settling upon him. "yeah, damn. she looks good." matt corrected him, stepping infront of chris, who's hands fled up in surrender. though matt wanted to speak up about the temperature outside later in the evening, he stayed silent with the opportunity to lend her his jacket later on. he would jump on that in a split second. cyrus' eyes fled to matt as he gazed at her, the tension between them growing thicker than blood. "ready?" he asked her, not moving a muscle. with a simple but hesitant nod, cyrus paused. "yeah, my stuffs just in my bag on my bed. i'll grab it." she spoke. matt reached for her forearm, nodding towards the room. "i got it." he murmured, slipping past her with a hand to her waist to move by in the small hallway.

cyrus headed out to the car with the rest of them, while matt retrieved her bag and followed them out, setting the bag in the trunk of his car. the two of them exchanged a rather suggestive glance at each other in the car, for only a millisecond, and with that, the group was off to the party.