Nine

Song of the chapter:SLOW DOWN, BY CHASE ATLANTIC

SLOW DOWN, BY CHASE ATLANTIC.

THE GROUP hadn't initially planned to split up, it was rather opposite. They all usually stuck around together or atleast in the same rooms at parties like this, but something had rather changed the aspect of their usual habit of sticking to the same things. This hadn't been a problem really, for anyone besides Matt. Social anxiety was a fucking pain. It was also the fact that he'd lost cyrus, too. Wether she was with alahna or not, he worried. He knew alahna would support any irrational, impulsive decisions. Not that cyrus would make any, but if she did, it was sure going to bite matt in the ass later.

He stepped foot into the staircase, panic running through his bones. All he wanted was just to find someone, Nick, Chris, or cyrus. He assumed alahna would be with atleast one of them, but it wasn't a known fact. Searching through the many, many intoxicated people who either danced with each other or themselves, had been quite the struggle. This had definitely not been a great setting for someone with a preference for personal space. Ignoring that, Matt headed up the stairs. He expected to find someone in a hallway, but that had been too easy. There cyrus had been, at the end of the hallway, talking to a girl. Matt could feel the relief flood from his body. Matt approached the two, a light smile on his lips until suddenly, cyrus had been face to face with the girl, hands rested on her hips, kissing her. That's when Matt stopped in place, shock now an expression on his face. The boy had been borderline pure white as a ghost, and possibly even stopped breathing for a moment. He turned around, stumbling down the stairs and into the kitchen, feeling particularly parched, he poured himself a cup of beer from the keg.

One beer turned into two, then two into four, four into six, and so on. Currently on his sixth beer, halfway done, Matt had finally found Chris, who hadn't drank a drop of alcohol, but could easily tell his brother was shitface wasted. Chris scoffed, dismissing himself from his conversation to rush over to Matt, who looked more carefree than anyone had ever seen him in his life. "Matt, you dumb fuck." He took the cup from Matt's hand, tossing it into a nearby garbage, then smacked the side of his head. Matt did nothing but recoil to the slightest, shrugging his shoulders. "You're tellin' me." He murmured, with drunken eyes that somehow looked so embarrassed. "You know, cyrus kisses girls?" Matt asked, Chris had immediately perked up at the words. "What?" He asked, Matt only nodded to his disbelief. "I walked up stairs like... six beers ago.. and boom. She was in the hallway with a girl. Who would've known I fell inlove with a lesbian, I'm fucked bro." Matt leaned into Chris' shoulder, sighing. That was until Chris started laughing. "No way you just admitted that, but also. She's not gay, well she is, but not fully." Chris responded, patting Matt's back and pushing him up to stand straight, rather than putting half his body weight onto Chris' shoulder. His brows furrowed, his lips departing. "So i still have a shot?" He asked, his tone sounding too lighthearted for this conversation. Before Chris could reply, Nick was halfway across the room, scolding Matt. He could just tell what had been going on.