Three

"ARE you sure sending her to a boardwalk was a good idea?" Nick urgently whines from Matt's passenger seat, looking at his brother with a doubtful expression

"ARE you sure sending her to a boardwalk was a good idea?" Nick urgently whines from Matt's passenger seat, looking at his brother with a doubtful expression. "Nick, could you possibly stop questioning me for one fucking second. Christ, kid."

The two of them sat behind the parked Subaru in a small, suburban neighborhood east of boston. That Subaru in particular belonging to cyrus' ex boyfriend. Matt had been determined to do something, no, anything. The toss up was between doing serious damage, or humiliation. Nobody hurt cyrus and got away with it. Sure enough, Nick and Chris agreed to it. Even if Matt seemed off the walls insane for this, they too were overprotective of cyrus.

So, when Matt came to the two of them, a plan in place already, Chris and Nick weren't exactly allowed to disagree. Matt figured Nick would've blabbered if cyrus asked any questions, where Chris would probably forget a half an hour from now what he was at the boardwalk with cyrus for and end up consuming too much food from the vendors. It was a perfect plan.

"Matt, how do you even know this is where the kid lives." Nick asks, scrolling through his Instagram feed mindlessly, as if he wasn't on a mission. Matt wasn't quite fond of his lack of focus. That moment of silence from his brother caught nicks attention, making his brows furrow and his head turn to his younger brother. ".. I followed him." Matt murmured, almost dismissive to those very words he spoke himself. "Oh. Oh. You're fucking insane." Nick shut his phone off, dropping it into his lap and covering his face with his palms, stressfully rubbing his eyes. "I'm throwing your ass under the bus if we get caught, just know that."

About twenty minutes pass, the sun beginning to set, Matt had finally been fully prepared, seeing the inside of Alex's car light up a few times. "How'd you know he left his phone in there?" Nick asked, hunched over behind the dashboard, where he probably would've been seen anyways. "Cyrus told Chris that." He explained bluntly, Nick nodding along. "Oh but not you." He replied. With the blink of an eye, Matt slowly turned his head at Nick, swatting him in the back of his head. "Matthew!" The boy gasped, clutching the back of his head as if he hadn't been used to the constant thump to the back of his skull. "If I knew you were going to fucking hate crime me I wouldn't have came." He murmured, earning an immediate response from Matt. "It's cyrus, yes you would have."

The two of the boys made their way out of the car, hiding in the darkness, well, mainly Matt. Nick, hunched over behind the right side of the car, behind Matt. "Okay, you grab the phone, Nick." He told his brother, cringing before pulling the car door open. A sigh of relief leaves his lips as it opens easily. Thank god he wasn't going to have to pick a lock today. Without a thought, Matt hoisted himself into the car, immediately adjusting the seat back and opening the door for Nick, who momentarily joins him after a second or two. "Holy fuck Matt this is so illegal." He complains, again. Matt doesn't even respond, he's in his own world as he sets eyes on Alex's phone. One he learned the password to.