CHAPTER 1

“You look happy.”

Taehyung looks up at the blonde-haired male in front of him, his fingers suddenly pausing from typing a text message for his girlfriend. The elder doesn’t show any sign that he’ll stop with slurping on his ramen as if it was his own version of oxygen so Taehyung just shakes his head slightly before putting his attention back on his phone.

“I’m meeting Eunhee’s family tonight.” Taehyung answers with a shrug and a smile. Once he’s done typing, he looks outside while stretching his legs.

They’re in a restaurant located near their university and a lot of people are going in and out of the store, making the bells hanging above the door ring every time the door opens–announcing a new customer’s presence. A lot of people are walking by the store, Taehyung notices, most people are shamelessly loud and some are composed while strolling on the sidewalk with cars speeding down the main road. The sun was setting and its orange rays are reflecting upon everyone, including Hoseok’s face that is momentarily painted with astonishment.

“Dude, wait, seriously? Holy shit… You’re really serious with her, aren’t you?” Hoseok asks with his eyes wide open.

The brunet smiles bigger at that. “I thought you already knew that, hyung. I really am serious with her.”

“I mean, I guess you could say I knew? But for real, committing to her is one thing although meeting her family is another thing. That’s so fucking intimate, Taehyung.” Hoseok cackles before continuing on with engulfing his noodles, ignoring the younger’s annoyed stare. “What are you going to wear? A suit and tie?”

The sound of the bells ringing resonates inside the whole restaurant again.

Taehyung grunts. “Shut up, hyung, seriously. I am that serious about her, fine. But don’t tease me about it. And no. I’m not going to show up wearing a suit and tie. I’m going there wearing what I’m wearing now. It’s not a formal dinner.”

“Your outfit is a semi-formal kinda thing though but okay, Taehyungie. If you say so,” Hoseok says with a mocking tone. “I just never saw you like this before. You’re normally really focused on university and nothing el–”

“Who’s focused on university and nothing else?”

Both college students jump on their seats in surprise, Hoseok almost spilling his drink, when someone disturbs their conversation. With eyebrows furrowed and mouth curled into a snarl–Taehyung looks at the person who cut Hoseok off, only to be approached by the appearance of his older brother Seokjin wearing a thick sweater and grey sweatpants, his skin gold with the sunset’s dark orange hues gleaming against it and his brown bangs, that were chopped quite short in Taehyung’s opinion, fixated on his forehead.

“For fuck’s sake, Jin-hyung. Don’t ever do that again.” The blonde snaps while rolling his eyes and picking his chopsticks back up that fell on the wooden table amidst their shock.

Seokjin just laughs whilst pulling on a chair to sit on. After a few seconds, Taehyung starts to chuckle with his brother. Hoseok just peers back at both of them with the look of annoyance and betrayal imprinted on his face.

“So easy to scare, Hoseok-ah.” Seokjin mocks while grabbing a handful of fries that is placed on a small bowl in the middle of all three of them. “What were you both talking about before I came?”

“You’re easier to scare, don’t fool anyone,” Hoseok scoffs and the annoyed look that was just on his face one second ago was gone as fast as it appeared, a mocking smirk replacing it instead. “And Taehyungie, your little brother… Is going to meet his girlfriend’s family. Isn’t that cute?”