CHAPTER 4

“Are you okay, Taehyung?”

The brunet snaps out of his trance, quite a common circumstance ever since he had known of Jeon Jeongguk’s existence as Eunhee’s brother, almost glancing at the woman beside him if it wasn’t for the fact that he was driving. Eunhee sees it though, the way his body twitched when his name was called, but decides not to word it out.

“Yeah…” Taehyung trails off. “Just… kind of tired is all.”

“Mhm, understandable,” Eunhee chuckles. “You kind of drank a lot.”

Taehyung only smiles sheepishly. He doesn’t tell the reason why he decided to intake too much of alcoholic drinks earlier that it’s a miracle he still has his eyes wide open to this very moment.

“Do you want me to drive? I could stay back at your place tonight,” she offers lightly.

“No, it’s fine. I’m not too drunk,” Taehyung answers a little bit too hurriedly for an answer but Eunhee doesn’t put any attention to it, again. “Plus, I assured your parents I would take you home.”

“Just make sure you don’t get into an accident and keep your eyes open, alright.” A mumble comes out of the young woman’s lips as the car halts into a stop in front of her house.

“Of course, I will.” Taehyung smiles forcedly before ruffling his girlfriend’s hair. “Sleep well, baby.”

“I will, you too. Drive home safely,” Eunhee reminds after leaving a kiss on Taehyung’s cheek.

She goes out of the car, slamming the car door softly, and Taehyung’s proud of himself to say that even at this point of the night, he still had the decency to wait until Eunhee gets inside. The lights in the house were bright open but he didn’t make any move to go out of his car to at least greet his girlfriend’s parents because he was just too distraught of what happened earlier, instead choosing to drive away far from the said house after seeing his girlfriend safe inside.

Taehyung came back to nothing earlier after reading Jeongguk’s text message with his stomach convulsing with an ardent sensation the young man can’t name. Jeongguk had left the moment Taehyung came back to their table, telling his parents that his classmates needed him for something— contradicting the text message he sent the younger male right after he left, telling Taehyung that he’ll be waiting.

Jeon Jeongguk is, unfortunately, the only one who can unravel Taehyung with only the tips of his fingertips. Taehyung knew he shouldn’t want it, he knew he shouldn’t want Jeon Jeongguk more than anyone he yearned to taste before. But that’s exactly how he feels.

Although, we can’t have everything we want, can we?

Taehyung sighs languidly before turning his car’s ignition off—pushing the exchange he had with Jeon Jeongguk earlier at the back of his mind—after parking his car and getting his keys just seconds after. He gets out, slamming the car door rather sluggishly before making his way to the front of the apartment complex.

The guard greets him and the latter just smiles and salutes lazily before jogging his way to the elevator. God, he just wants to feel the warmth of his bed right now. He wants to sleep all the emotions and internal wars happening in his mind away.

However, the second he enters his apartment, he’s greeted with the sight of Jimin and Hoseok holding game controllers while making so much noise they could possibly get. Not that Taehyung’s surprised, since he could already hear the two from the outside. These two should be expecting a noise complaint anytime this night.

“Taehyung! Great night?” He hears Jimin ask with the same usual tone in his voice when he greets Taehyung. “Don’t even try and fucking cheat.”