Alternate History: MV Wilhelm Gustloff

For the second Alternate History, were going to take a look at the Infamous MV Wilhelm Gustloff that sank in 1945, taking an estimated 9,000 to 13,000 lives with her.

Now History Begins:

1947 - 1976: Post War Service

After the War, the Wilhelm Gustloff was repainted, renovated and returned to Passenger Duties for, doing small cruises for a Shell Corporation along the German Coast.

But her career serving for the Kriegsmarine, caused a-lot of criticism, which eventually almost lead to her being sold for scrap in 1976, but she was later bought by another company the same year.

1976 - 1992: MV Gustavo 

The ship was then sold to Epirotki Lines, repainted and renamed to the "Gustavo"

The ship had a mildly successful career under Epirotiki Lines, lines.

In 1991, the ship takes over for Fleet Mate, MTS Oceanos due to rogue weather.

When docked at East London, South Africa, the captain contacted the Oceanos Captain, Yiannis Avranas that the weather was getting worse and the Gustavo's captain was concerned about the state the Oceanos was in due to the neglect she was in. Captain Avranas made the decision to transition all of the Oceanos Passenger to the Gustavo, and have it complete the Oceanos journey to Durban.

The Gustavo would later be laid up the next year in 1992 and in 1994 , she was sold for scrap, and was scrapped in Taiwan.

MV Gustavo: 1991