Chap 3. David

Disclaimer: Disclaimer: If you are reading this on any other site than Wattpad or archiveofourown, it has been stolen. Please check out Neverlandsshadow on Wattpad or N3verlandsShadow on ao3 instead.
**************************************************************************

"Good morning, maman. Good morning papa." Marinette looked up from her breakfast and her sketchbook.

Sabine was pleasantly surprised to see her daughter up in good time before school, and eating a good breakfast too. "Good morning, sweetie. You're up early today. Anything special going on?"

Marinette's arm moved from covering the sketchbook to show her parents. "I have a friend that asked if I could take a look at her old leather jacket, and possibly make her a new one if it can't be fixed. I haven't looked at hers yet, but it reminded me that I've only done two types of leather jackets before, so I want to try some other types."

Knowing now how Bustiers class had acted, Sabine felt a small ball of worry take its place in her chest. "This isn't one of those friends that want you to pay everything, is it? Your savings are going to suffer if you only do free things."

Tom nodded in agreement. "You'll never be able to expand when they're guilting you into paying for everything."

"Don't worry, I don't think Léa is like that." Marinette said, wanting to ease their worries. "She's Marc's cousin. She actually asked what it would cost first, and she seemed really excited to buy stuff."

Neither parent were entierly sure about that, but they knew that they couldn't be overbearing and risk making Marinette forever distrust others. No, they just had to look out for her. Especially since the majority of her teachers seem- no, not seem, they are incapable of doing their jobs.

"Are you going to be looking at her jacket here? If you are, please do ask if she wants to stay for dinner." Tom smiled, kissing the top of his daughters head. "Now, I believe you need to get ready for school."

Marinette shut the sketchbook and put it in her bag. "I'm actually already done for school, so I'll get going. See you later, love you!" Unlike most mornings she wasn't rushing, just calmly walking out the door. It made Tom feel like changing classes had been a good idea, if only to ease the pressure on his daughters shoulders.

Sabine watched the door for a moment, then she clapped her hands together. "Alright honey, we have three different pick-ups today. Let's get to work!"

*************************************************************************
David Merlin Frost (now Mendeleiev) was, for lack of better words, calmly irritated (a feeling that Morgana Mendeleiev knew all too well).

He's not a morning person, first of all. He needed to wake up early, do his usual morning routine, feed his animals (who were also getting used to early mornings), and he had to clean his glasses again. He's long since accepted his half-blindness (his left eye still hurts sometimes, though it's bearable now), but sometimes it frustrates him knowing that he's limited in what he can do in the world.

And now he's having to learn all new names, personalities, AND the inner workings (read: drama) of the school?

...Okay, he's fine with the drama, it gives him more knowledge in the end. But he's not a people person, either. And him not being liked by people has nothing to do with that fact. -It does, he just doesn't acknowledge it.-

Right, David's getting lost in his head again. Morgana had him sit down next to her (on her left side, so he can actually see her) both for comfort and making it easier to show him the folder of information for him to pore over.