Chap. 11 Two Truths, One Lie

If you're reading this work on another platform than Wattpad or ao3, it has been stolen. Please read it on N3verlandsShadow on ao3 or neverlandsshadow on Wattpad instead
***************************************************************

By the time they reached Friday - and the day of the get together with Luka and his friends-, Marinette was bone-deep tired. The week had turned out infinitely more hectic than she had ever expected, and, looking at Léa, David and Marc, she wasn't alone in that opinion. The akuma during the school trip had been the cherry on top.

"How are our favorite trouble makers?" Dante ruffled Léa's hair, unconcerned with her tired attempt at swatting his hand away. "You four look like you need a break. Go sit down in the garden, Cerise is about to start the grill."

The garden was very cosy in Marinette's opinion. It had been decorated in a way to allow Cerise full access everywhere with the wheelchair, at the moment she was by the grill in one part and the group could see Luka, Joanne and a classmates of theirs that Marinette had only seen from afar before as they seemed to be done setting up snacks and drinks by the chairs, sofa and beanbags that had been set up in another part of the garden.

Marc had immidietly plopped down in a beanbag and let out a groan. "If I fall asleep, wake me when there's food."

"Will do." The new guy laughed, clearly familiar enough to Marc for him to be comfortable around him.

"You guys had a rough school trip, we heard from Cerise." Luka went over to them. "We're almost done, you guys can sit down if you want."

Marinette motioned for Léa and David to go ahead and sit as she followed Luka back inside. "Can I help with anything?"

He looked for a second as if he was going to protest, then he handed her the paper plates, said "Take these to Cerise." - and Marinette was incredibly thankful not to get blown off. She liked being able to help Luka, he was always there for her and it was nice to be able to give something back. 

As soon as the grill had been loaded up, Marinette found herself ushered to take a seat beside Luka while listening to Cerise encouraging Léa to actually start the YouTube channel she'd been talking about, that or a blog.

"You know what?" Cerise laughed. "I'll help you, I'll get you the first book to review. I can help you with editing too, sound good?"

"Fuck it, let's give it a try." Léa gave in to the cheer of half the group. "I guess it's time to get a proper hobby."

"Hell yeah!" Dante high fives her. "Let me know if you need any help."

"Alright, now that we have convinced another person to join the creative fold, Marinette!" William, apparently another member of the school's art club, pointed at her. "I heard you design clothes, got any advice? I've been trying to make a pair of pants for months but I can never get the seams in the legs right and I think my art teacher is about to give up." He sheepishly scratched the back of his head as Cerise and Dante laughed.

Marinette found herself joining in the laughter before giving the advice she could. "- And if that doesn't help we can see the next time our classes have a free period at the same time. Sound good?"

"It sounds amazing, thank you!" William said, clearly relieved.

The group fell into a quiet chatter until Dante chimed in. "Hey, anyone want to play two truths and one lie?"

Luka shrugged beside Marinette. "Sounds good. Does everyone know how to play?"

Marc and David shook their heads. "Nope."

"Okay, the way you play is that the person who's turn it is tells two things about themselves that are true, and one thing that is a lie." Luka explained. "Who wants to go first?"