Chap. 10 A trip of a lifetime

If you're reading this work on another platform than Wattpad or ao3, it has been stolen. Please read it on N3verlandsShadow on ao3 or neverlandsshadow on Wattpad instead

************************************************************************

Léa's expression when she had to go off with Lila was, as much as Marinette felt bad for it, nothing less than hilarious. She looked about as happy as a cat put in a bath.

Marinette and David decided to go with the tour offered, it was supposed to last for around 40 minutes, then they, and the other groups that had gone would meet back up with the class.

*******************************************************************************

"So, you're the painter guy's cousin, huh? What made you move here?" Lila started off surprisingly easy.

"Dad got a new job." Léa replied. "What about you? I heard you're pretty new too."

"I am." Lila nodded. "I feel bad for you, having to be around Dupain-Cheng. She tends to be pretty mean if you don't fall in line."

Léa hummed. "Is that so? What makes you say that?" She wasn't too surprised that the other would try something, she had been warned after all.

"Oh, you haven't heard? She got jealous of me for having a lot of contacts." Lila frowned, as if recalling a painful memory. "She started trying to turn everyone against me, calling me a fake and a liar at every turn. She acted like I was as bad as Hawkmoth."

Léa just hummed again. "You know, I think we'd get along if you just cut the shit."

Lila stilled, and Léa stopped right beside her. "What do-"

"You really thought I hadn't gotten to know about you from other people? Or that I had looked up your ridiculous claims on my own?" Léa shook her head. "The only thing you haven't lied about is having an ambassador mom, which also happens to be something that's pretty damn cool. Why not talk about your mom's work if you really want to brag, instead of lying about saving Jagged Stone's cat?"

The other girl didn't say anything, just stared at her, then she frowned. "Has anyone told you that you're pretty fucking scary? Been a while since someone read me as easy as that."

"Yeah, if you chill the fuck out for today, you'll be better off. Trust me on that." Léa smiled, all teeth. "I say we take one of the offered tours, come back for lunch and then decide how to spend the afternoon, sound good?"

"Alright." Lila said as she grabbed her bag. "Let's go."

Léa raised an eyebrow, searching the other girl's face before nodding. "Ms. Mendeleiev is going on a tour of the grounds. We'll go with that one."

***************************************************************************

The tour had been nice, Marinette decided as she and David joined up with the others for lunch.

"Hey, Chloe, do you want some macarons? I have raspberry, that was your favorite, right?" She asked the blonde. "I have strawberry for you, Sabrina."

"Thank you, Marinette. That's really nice." Sabrina replied in an unusually chipper mood.

Chloe just shrugged. "Sounds good."

Marinette didn't know what had happened with her former classmate, but Chloe had become less scornful and a lot quieter than she had been in class before this. Not that she was unhappy about recieving less of Chloe's particular brand of... Kindness, but it was an odd realisation to have.