Chap. 12 A breather

If you're reading this work on another platform than Wattpad or ao3, it has been stolen. Please read it on N3verlandsShadow on ao3 or neverlandsshadow on Wattpad instead
*************************************************************
Léa was back in school by Wednesday, pale, tired and a little slower to move than normal, but well enough to attend class. "Miss me?" She asked as she took a seat in the classroom a few minutes before the bell rang.

"Yeah, it's been pretty lonely." Marinette said. Sure, she had Cerise and the others to hang out with, but they were in another class completely. "Hey, I have something for you, I'll be right back."

Quickly, Marinette fetched Léa's jacket from her locker and returned to her friend, who, when seeing what she was holding, lit up. "It's fixed?"

"Yup. Wanna try it on?" She held it out.

Léa pulled it on, wiggling in her seat like a happy caterpillar. "Thank you so much!" They agreed to talk about compensation after school.

Marinette had plans to start on her next commission as soon as she got home. To her surprise one had come in through the website late the night before from David. Briefly she wondered if he knew MDC's real identity, namely herself, but she decided it didn't matter, the cat themed hoodie would still get made.

"Attention class!" Ms. Mendeleiev stood in front of the class right after the bell rang. "Since David, Marc and Léa are back we will listen to their presentation today before I announce the next assignment."

***********

After the presentation the class was told to go to one of the larger classrooms since they would be meeting with another class.

"This is a history assignment. Your group will choose a historic event to research and present for both classes."

The other class turned out to be Marinette's old class, and, much to her despair, she was paired with Adrien, Lila, Mireille and Alya. The rest of her little friend group were also split up in different groups, she noted as she watched David sit down with Sabrina, Chloe and Rose, Marc plop down between Nathaniel and Juleka and Léa take a seat with Kim, Ivan and Myléne.

The groups were given the detailed instructions of the project that would be started the next week, then they were let out of class.

Léa was quick to whisk her away before anyone in Bustier's class could try and talk to her. Despite the instinctive need to not cause a scene or leave anyone upset, Marinette finds herself grateful.

"You said you were expecting a phone call, I figured I'd get you out before the mob descends since you would be too nice to just leave." Léa told her.

She was right.

"Yeah, Jagged said he'd call." Marinette said, just as said call came.

The call was quicker than normal, mostly because it was Penny that called and not Jagged, and a date for their next MDC appointment was made.

Tell me what you think :)