CH 9 : Eddie the Banished

"So these images," Dustin said slowly, pointing at all of the drawings Max had finished, "are things you saw when you were...out of it?"

"With Vecna," she added. "Yes."

He looked between her and Nancy. "And you think that not only are they pieces of a house, they're all pieces of the Victor Creel house? AKA the murder house?"

Nancy nodded. "It makes sense."

"Okay, but not everything in those visions are real," Steve interjected, "so how do we know for sure that we've got the right place?"

"Easy," Nancy said, grabbing her bag to start packing up. "We go there."

Steve laughed nervously. "We-we go there? To the murder house? You know, that's all boarded up for a reason? Nope, absolutely not. Bad idea."

"Think about it," Nancy insisted. "If the Creel house is what Max saw in her vision when she was tied to Vecna, then there has to be some kind of connection. We have to go there ourselves and find out."

"That's insane, you know that? You realize you're insane?"

"Maybe, yeah. Let's go."

"Wait," June interrupted, stepping forward. "Eddie radioed in. He needs us to make another supply run."

"There's no time," Nancy said, shaking her head. "This could be the lead we've been waiting for. We can't waste any time, or-" She stopped and looked fiercely at June. "Something else could happen first."

June didn't like the idea of trancing out before they had more answers any more than Nancy or the others probably did, but she couldn't stop thinking about Eddie, exiled and waiting for help and answers. "Okay, but it'll only take a few minutes, and then we can-"

"I'm not driving there until after exploring the murder house," Steve cut in, his tone firm.

June shot him an incredulous look. "Seriously? We can't just leave him-"

"It's only for a few more hours," Nancy said, trying to convince her. "We'll go over right after."

"Yeah, Munson can wait a while yet. He'll be fine," Steve muttered.

"Eddie shouldn't have to wait," June shot back. "He needs our help."

"And you don't, June?" Steve actually seemed shocked. "What about you? Why do you care about this so much when your own life-"

"Because he's our friend, Steve," Dustin butted in. "He's our friend and he's wanted for murder."

"Okay, wait, your friend, Henderson," Steve clarified. "The rest of us barely know him. I definitely don't."

"Lucas knows him," Dustin snapped. "Mike, too, even if he's not here right now, and don't forget about June-"

"Okay, enough of this," June muttered. Pushing out of the circle, she took her bag and emptied it of everything she could afford to leave behind. "You guys check out the Creel house. I'll take Eddie a resupply and then meet you there."

"No way!" Robin said at the same time that Steve yelled, "Absolutely not!"

June threw up her hands. "I'll blast music in my ears the whole time, okay? What else do you want from me?"

"To stay with us so we all go everywhere together," Steve pointed out, "not split up when at any moment your head might not be your own."

"Look, the longer we stand here and argue, the longer this will all take," Nancy announced.

"Exactly, so that's why I'm leaving now." June grabbed her bag and headed for the door.

"And how are you going to get there?" Steve was too persistent for his own good. It was a shame he'd never been that persistent with her before.