Chapter2- The Truth

"I won't leave until you tell me why you have blood on your face, so just tell me Kai." Lloyd still hasn't left, even though I've told him to get away from me. Sighing, i looked at him. "fine, you really want the truth, Lloyd?." he nods, so I continue. "the reason i have blood on my face is because I'm a vampire..." I can tell that this obviously shocks Lloyd because he stares at me, in horror. "...you can't be a vampire kai...they are-." I stop him mid-sentence. "If you were just going to say that vampires aren't real, that's a lie. They're real, Lloyd. and I'm one." He stares at me probably not believing anything I say. "you don't believe me...do you?." I looked at him, feeling a bit hurt that it's obvious he doesn't believe me. "I just...how can you be a vampire?..." Lloyd asks me, looking me in the eyes. "well...I wasn't born one...I was bitten years ago.." this obviously shocks him more, he stares at me. "wait...how old were you before it happened?..." I frowned slightly, thinking back to the night my life changed.

(Flashback sequence)

I was coming home from a friend's birthday dinner, when out of the shadows, some stranger grabs me and bites me on the arm, I yelled for help but nobody was around.

(End of flashback)

Lloyd looked at me "...you're...19 still or?." I shrugged. "I don't really know how old i am now, because as far as I know vampire's don't age..." He frowns and goes silent, probably thinking. "So...am i the only one who knows or...?." I nodded. "The other's don't know...but they'll probably figure it out soon." Lloyd looks at me again. "...Why were you out here?.." I tensed a bit, i did not want him to know why I was out here late at night. "...I needed to hunt for..." "...blood?." I nodded.

It finally dawns on Lloyd, exactly why i was out here. He stares at me as his eyes slowly widen. "...did you...attack someone?." I nodded. "Yes..." Lloyd's eyes widen a little more he stares at me. "...Did you kill them?." this angers me. "No! i don't kill people...I just feed on them." he goes silent once again. "....We should get back to base..." Lloyd turns to leave, but stops and looks at me. "....I'm sorry Lloyd, I didn't want you to find out..." he frowns slightly. "...I would've found out either way kai..." I just nodded and followed him back to the base in silence.

(Lloyd's POV)

The silence is horrible, I looked over at Kai as we neared the base, he must've noticed me looking at him because he stops and turns towards me. "what is it?..." I frowned, noticing that his red eyes had gone and were replaced by his normal dark brown ones. "...your eyes aren't...red anymore...?." Kai looks at me, and murmurs "Obviously..." He then walked away probably going to his room. I wanted to talk to him some more but it was obvious that Kai was in a bad mood, so I entered the Ninja base and resumed playing on my phone to distract me from the truth about Kai.

(back to Kai's POV) I closed my door and sighed, why did he have to find out? I tried to keep this a secret for years but now Lloyd knows what I am. "Dammit..." I said under my breath, why did he have to go out to look for me?. This isn't going to be good.

After awhile in my room, I decided I needed to talk to Lloyd again so I opened my door and went looking for him. I found him on the couch in the living room area on his phone, it looked as though he was playing some game. "...Lloyd?...can we talk?.." I asked, looking at him. Lloyd's emerald green eyes looked up from his phone up at me. "...okay..." He put the phone away into his hoodie pocket and got up off the couch, looking at me. "...we should probably leave the base incase someone overhears...unless you want them finding out that you're a...." I stared at him, hoping he didn't say it out loud. He lowered his voice into a whisper "vampire..." I sighed and nodded "let's go."

We left the base and went out into the streets, close together so that we could whisper-talk. "so what did you want to talk to me about?..." Lloyd asked, looking around as we walked, I could tell that he probably didn't want to look at me since my eyes had gone red before. "...I think you know what I want to talk to you about, Lloyd..." He stopped and looks sideways at me. "...Okay...well...what is it that you think we should do about it?...Because I know that there probably isn't a cure for..." I frowned slightly, was he trying to get me to agree to looking for a cure? "...No. there wouldn't be one Lloyd...and anyways, i wouldn't take a cure." He looks at me and i can see the worry in his eyes. "...You'd rather spend eternity or whatever trapped as a vampire and not be a human?...Why kai?..." I don't answer him for awhile and look away, thinking. Do I want to spend a lifetime trapped in whatever this is? or do I forsake this immortal life and become human once again? I did miss out on a lot of things from my teen years.