Chapter5

I knocked on Sensei's door and waited for an answer.  It was quiet inside, the door then opened, and Sensei Wu looked at me. "So, you and your team have returned from your mission?" I nodded. "Yes...we're back. ...Nya said you wanted to talk to me?" He nodded and stepped aside so I could enter the room. 

I walked in and sat down in front of his desk where he kept scrolls, Sensei went and sat down in the chair. "Would you like to tell me what happened on the mission Kai? I have been informed that there has been an incident between you and Lloyd." I sighed, not really wanting to explain why I had lost control and had hurt Lloyd. "...I didn't mean to hurt him sensei, I tried to warn the others to stay away as well as Lloyd...but they didn't listen to me and now Lloyd's probably afraid of me..." Sensei looked at me. "It is not your fault that this happened Kai. although you did use the only cure for him and not you. May I ask why you chose to do that?" I frowned slightly. "I gave the cure to Lloyd because he needed it more than I did. That was my choice." Sensei nodded. "If you still truly wish to become human again, I have another solo mission for you to undertake. And you only kai." I frowned slightly, but what he was saying really made sense to me. I still didn't want to live like this forever. "I will undertake this mission sensei...when do i go?" Sensei looked at something on a scroll then back to me. "You shall leave tonight but remember this is a solo mission kai. No one can come with you." I nodded then bowed as i left Sensei's room. 

I went to my room to pack, there was a knock on my door. "Who is it?" I asked, turning to look at the door. Lloyd answered. "...It's me kai...can I come in?" I froze, slightly tensing up at this. Why was he here? I went and opened the door, looking at him.

 "...Lloyd..." He looked at me, I could still see the bandage around the area where I had attacked him. I looked away from him, not wanting to see the probably obvious fear in his beautiful emerald, green eyes. I couldn't stand him fearing me. "Kai...what's wrong?" I sighed and looked up at him. "I'm sorry for hurting you, Lloyd. I really am....It's my fault you got hurt I shouldn't have let you come with me on the mission.... I knew something like this was going to happen." He looked at me. "Kai it's not your fault. You didn't mean to hurt me, it was an accident, okay?" I sighed, wanting to argue that it was but I was tired. "I know...but Lloyd, I'll never forgive myself for hurting you. you know that right?" He sighed a little then nodded. ".... There is something i wanted to ask you..."  I tensed at this, wondering what he was about to say or ask. "Yes?" I said, un-able to look away from his eyes. They were so beautiful and green. "...Why did you use the cure on me and not you...?" I frowned slightly, not quite prepared for him to ask me that. "...Because I didn't want you to suffer like I did...I didn't want you to have to give up your humanity like I did." He looked at me. ".... I know, but Kai now there's no other cure for you to take as well...." I looked away from him, making it pretty obvious that I knew something. He frowned and looked at me. "Kai...what aren't you telling me? Have you found another cure or...is it something else?"  I sighed and looked at him. ".... I'm leaving tonight it's a solo mission and yes there's another cure out there somewhere." He looked either hurt or shocked I couldn't tell. "Okay...will you promise me you'll be okay and come back?" I nodded slightly, knowing that I still hadn't confessed my feelings for him. He smiled a little and looked at me. "...also, there's another thing i wanted to ask..." I nodded, waiting for whatever he was about to ask me. "...When you and Cole were talking.... I didn't mean to, but I heard some of the conversation...." My eyes slowly went wide, remembering the conversation I had with Cole when I thought Lloyd was passed out. He'd heard that? I tensed slightly and nodded a little. "...well...I want you to know that I'm not disgusted with you or anything kai...but I am a little surprised that you like me...in that way I mean...." I looked at him, trying not to cry. "...what do you mean Lloyd...?" He frowned slightly, I hoped that he wasn't about to tell me that he didn't feel the same because that would hurt more. "...what I meant to say is that...you're not the only one having those feelings kai..." I looked at him, trying to process what he'd just said. Does this mean that...  "...wait...are you telling me that you...." He smiled softly and nodded a little. "Yes, I'm telling you that I feel the same. And have for years...But I was just scared that you didn't...feel the same or even looked at me in that way..." I smiled a little at this. "Well, I do like you in the same way Lloyd." He blushed lightly, 'god he was cute when he blushed' I thought.  He smiled and looked at me. "So... what now?" I chuckled and walked up to him. "...well...I'm not going to lie and say that I haven't been wanting to kiss you for years." This made him blush even more. "r-really?" I nodded then backed away a little. "Only if you want me to. I wouldn't just kiss you without asking." He smiled and nodded. "Yes, you can kiss me." I smiled at this and slowly leaned in, holding his face in my hands as gently as I could. Then I kissed him. 

I backed away slowly after kissing him, worried about his reaction. I knew that the others tended to joke about Lloyd's 'teen' experiences but still. Apart of me wondered if this was his first kiss. I hesitantly looked up at him. "Was that okay...?" He smiled a little and nodded, blushing. "That...that was okay..." I smiled, wanting to kiss him again. There was the sound of the bell ringing which meant it was dinner, I tensed knowing that I would be leaving soon when everyone else would be asleep. Lloyd looked at me, I could tell that he was upset and didn't want me to go but I had to, because this was my last chance at becoming human again.  I took his hand gently. "Lloyd, it's okay I promise I'll be okay and that I will come back." He looked up at me and nodded taking ahold of my other hand he then wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. I smiled a little at this, Lloyd was always a hugging type of person. He moved away and looked at me. "Are you staying for dinner?" I nodded slightly even though I don't really eat because of the vampire stuff. "...Yea." He smiled, and before I knew what had happened Lloyd leaned in and kissed me. Then smiled and left the room. 

I stood there, staring at the wall trying not to grin like an idiot but I failed, I smiled happy to have finally told him how I felt. Then the thing I dreaded most tonight started, I could feel the need to feed again. I didn't want to go to dinner or hurt anyone else. So, I grabbed my stuff and quietly snuck out of my room before leaving I put a letter under Lloyd's pillow.

(The letter reads) 

Lloyd.

It's Kai, I'm sorry I won't be at dinner I have to leave now. I know I already promised to be safe and come home to you and the others, And I will keep that promise, I know it's probably way to fast to even say this, but I don't care. Lloyd, I love you. 

-Kai 

I had left the bounty and began my mission, as well as going out to feed one last time.

THE END OF CHAPTER 5 (I can't promise I will update but I might)