Chapter3- The Cure

(chapter is in Kai's POV) 

We spent the rest of the day packing for the mission, I could tell that the others were anxious about how this mission would go and if we actually find the cure. I had finished packing when Lloyd knocked on my door. "Kai, I've finished packing the others have as well. Jay told me to tell you that Nya's looking for you..." I froze, my sister still doesn't know about me being a vampire i need to tell her. I looked at him. "where is she?...I'll go talk to her." Lloyd nodded. "She's outside on the bounty waiting for you." I nodded and left going to talk to her.

"...Nya?, Jay said you were looking for me.." My sister looked up at me as I walked over to her, I could tell she was worried as she always is when we go on missions. "yea...I wanted to talk to you before you leave...Is everything okay? Jay told me your going on a mission to find some cure.." I sighed and looked at her. "...Nya...we are going to find a cure....but it's ....it's for vampirism...." She looked at me, frowning slightly. "Kai...what do you mean by that?...I'm not saying I think you've gone crazy." I sighed again, and looked at her.

"....I mean we're going on this mission because we need to find me a cure for vampirism....meaning I'm...." She stopped me mid-sentence. "...meaning your a vampire..." I nodded and looked away. "....But how?..." I turned to her. "I was bitten years ago on the night of Ella's birthday dinner." 

(Ella is Nya's friend and she's also friends with Kai but she isn't featured much in this fanfic) 

Nya looked at me. "....oh kai, why did you never tell me..." I frowned, this wasn't going to end well. "I didn't want you to know...I didn't want anyone to...but now everyone knows and you...I tried to keep it a secret...I'm sorry Nya, I should've told you..." I sighed and looked at her.

"...It's alright kai, but promise me you'll be careful...when you get back we could go shopping for clothes if you want?..." I chuckled, she always wanted to hang out with me if I wasn't hanging out with Cole or the others. I nodded and hugged her. "Don't worry Nya, I promise I'll come back."  "you better." She hugged me back and then let go. "oh and kai?..." I looked at her. "Yea?..."  She smiled "I know you like Lloyd...It's pretty obvious bro." This caught me off guard and I couldn't help but blush. "W-What?...No...Okay yes I like Lloyd..." She chuckled. "You should probably tell him though.." I nodded and gave her one last hug before meeting up with the others, Jay Zane Cole and Lloyd.

(They depart on the mission via dragons) 

As we're heading towards the place where hopefully the vampire cure is, I think about what Nya had said about telling Lloyd that I like- No that I am in love with him. I'm not usually one to have feeling's or crushes on someone, but ever since I met Lloyd I've had feelings for him. I must've been staring off into space because Cole flies up beside me. "Kai? hey you okay? you're staring at nothing..." I slightly jumped a little, surprised. "huh?...oh hey Cole.." He looked at me, then over at Lloyd who was  talking to Jay. (In this fanfic, Cole already knows about Kai's feelings for Lloyd) "Kai, your making it pretty obvious that you like him... Just tell him." I sighed, Nya and Cole were right, I should just tell him how I feel. But I don't know if I can. "Okay..." I said, looking over at Lloyd.

We soon ended up at the place, I could sense or rather feel the cure's presence as we got closer to it. As we got off our dragons and landed, I suddenly felt the bloodlust urge once again. This shouldn't be happening I fed before I left.  Lloyd must've seen my eyes turning red because he backed away slowly. "guys...I think Kai needs to feed again...." Zane, Cole and Jay all turned and looked at me.

My eyes had fully turned red, I looked away ashamed.

"oh no..." Jay said, backing away as well as the others. I didn't want to hurt them but I needed to feed. "Kai...?" Cole looked at me, worried. "...get away...please..." I said, as I looked away, trying to block out the vampire senses. They all looked at one another.

Lloyd stepped closer. "Kai...it's alright...we can get through this you just have to control it...Think of anything that keeps you human, like an anchor..." I looked up at him, eyes still red.

"Get...away...now..." Was all I could say, as the hunger started to take over. I tried and tried to control myself but it wouldn't work. All I knew before i passed out was that someone was screaming and there was blood.

An hour or so later, I woke up to see that Jay Zane and Cole were keeping their distance but where was Lloyd?...I looked around and saw him on the ground bleeding at the arm. My eyes slowly went back to normal, they widened. "L-Lloyd...? no...please no..." I got up and ran to him, ignoring the others. "Lloyd hey...please wake up...please." I began to cry, hoping he would wake up.

A minute later, Lloyd woke up and winced in pain, looking at his arm. "I'm so sorry Lloyd...I'm sorry...I didn't mean to..." He looked up at me. "...Kai...it's not your fault...I shouldn't have been near you...." The others got up and stood around us. "Can he be healed...Please tell me he can." I said, looking at him. Zane scanned him, and went silent. "What? what is it Zane...?" I heard Jay ask. Zane looked at me then at Lloyd. "....I'm afraid that...he's going to become one of your kind kai..." 

What? No! NO! this can't happen to him. NO! why did this have to happen. I knew this was going to happen!. "....No." I said, looking at Lloyd. "This can't happen, we have to stop this from happening to him." The others looked at one another then at me. "Kai...There's only one cure in this place...And that's either to cure you or him...." I froze, then looked up at Zane. "I have to choose between curing myself....or saving him?...." Zane nodded and looked at Lloyd.

Lloyd looked at me. "...k-kai..." I looked back at him, the one I'd do anything for. I was afraid of loosing him more then afraid of living as a vampire, which is something I will not make Lloyd have to suffer through. "Get me the cure. I'm saving him." I said, looking up at the others. Jay Zane and Cole nodded. "One of us will have to stay behind to look after Lloyd...and Kai you have to come with." I looked at Lloyd and nodded. "Jay you stay with Lloyd. Zane Cole your coming with me." I said. Jay nodded and stayed behind as Zane Cole and I entered the cave.

I was going to do whatever it took to save Lloyd.