Chapter 1

Mom's Boyfriend

It was a busy day in Seoul City Hospital, nurses and ward boys were going in and out of the rooms as per their schedules.

A common busy day.

Dr. Y/n and Dr. Cha both were having their breakfast when-

"Code Blue. Code Blue. Dr. Y/n and Dr. Cha you both are required in an emergency case." The announcement said.

(A/n: I don't know how a hospital works so there might be mistakes. I am writing the hospital scenes based on whatever I have seen on kdramas and different movies.)

Both of them gulped the cup cake and took a big sip of their coffee and rushed to the ICU where two patients were taken.

"There are bullet wounds, Dr. Y/n. We'll have to let the police know." An assistant doctor said.

"No time for that. We have to operate then quickly. Also we need blood for this guy." Dr. Cha said to that assistant doc.

"Ask the patient's family for the blood group and get the blood bank ready for the blood. FAST!" Dr. Y/n said while giving pressure on the wound so that the blood stops flowing.

"Shit." She murmured when the blood started oozing out.

<<2 Hours Later>>

The operation was successful, Y/n and Dr. Cha came out of the operation room exhausted. They were obviously tired and hungry.

Something doctors have to sacrifice.

Three boys crowded them, trying to ask the operated patient's health.

"Calm down boys. Your brothers are safe. One of your brother just has a hand fractured while the other one has a leg fractured. So they need atleast 5 weeks of of rest. And I think you all are in high school or college, so they both will be given medical certificate.

You three can go and meet them after they are shifted in their rooms. Also, first go and wash yourself before meeting them... you guys are look like zombies." She told chuckling when she saw their pink cheeks.

"Nae- hehe. Umm we'll wash up before meeting them. Thank you Mrs. Kim" a cute guy with glasses and a cat ear headband said.

"Cute" she mumbled patting his back and went back to her office cabinet

"Changbin hyung is shy~" the guy with white channel cap on black shoulder length hair laughed teasing the already tomato Changbin.

"Minho Hyung~ Hyunjin is teasing me." Changbin pouted clinging on his hyung.

Minho just shook his head and pulled them to the washroom and instructed more like ordered them to clean their faces.

"Binbin ah, after cleaning your face don't forget to remove that kitty hairband. Even though you do look cute, but this is a hospital and we don't want girls all over us here as well." Minho said going out after washing his face.

~Back with Dr. Y/n~

"Omma? What is she doing here? Is she okay? Are my children okay?" she mumbled to herself and followed her mom.

'Why is she going to those boys room? Bullet-hit boys.' she thought before hiding herself as she saw a familiar man coming out of the room.

Yes, she called them Bullet-hit boys.... she doesn't know their name.... yet.

"Are they okay baby?" her mother asked.

Y/n scrunched her nose on that word. Don't just, she just finds that word weird to be used for a grown ass man. She didn't even call her husband a baby. It made her laugh, whenever her husband used to call her baby.... she didn't know why. She just did.

"Finally, she has someone whom she can spend her rest of the life with." she says to herself with a smile on her face. Taking out her phone, dialing to her her 'brother from other mother' she walked back to her office.

"Bro, I need some information of this man named Hwang In Yeop and his kids. Also let's meet tonight if possible, or you know where to come." she said earning an okay from him.

She sighed smiling. 'Don't worry omma. You will now always be with him and his sons, like a big family you had always dreamt of. You have sacrificed a lot for me and my kids, I will make you and your love unite soon.' she promised.

A promise which will be fulfilled sooner and will bring a change in her and her kid's life. As well as those boys life too.

A promise to give them sister's care and love, a promise of bringing light to their dark life. A step closer to find her husband and friends.

"Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear."

~John Lennon

Words: 785

Publish Date: 16.08.2022