2

(Wills POV)

Why won't Mike talk to me? He's been avoiding me ever since we moved back. He hasn't spoken a single word to me except maybe 'hi' or 'yeah'. I really hope he's okay, because if he isn't, it means that I did something again. My fault, like every other typical Mike problem. It's always "Why did you do that?" or "Why didn't you do that?" It's like I'm not worthy of anything he does. But it's not like I can change anything about it. 

Awoken out of my thoughts, I feel Dustin tap me on my shoulder. "Hey, Will, you okay?" I give him the warmest smile I can give. He raises an eyebrow at me and I raise mine too, trying to re-assure him that I'm fine. Dustin turns back to the lunch table and continues his rant about Eddie leaving for college. I look over to Mike, but he's looking away. Of course he is. He's fiddling with the bottoms of his Hellfire shirt and biting his lips, chewing them. I can see he isn't doing well, but I don't want to make him feel worse. I'm already the reason why he feels like shit.

-

It's last period, meaning, I get to share a period with Max. She's been unusually quiet these past few weeks. I've never seen her like this, and sometimes after school I hang out with her. She rants about her problems and I rant about mine. She's the only person that truly understands me. I've even considered telling her about the way I see Mike, but I'm not sure. She might not want to be friends with me ever again, which I don't want to risk. 

I look over to Max and she looks away. Why is everyone ignoring me? No, I'm being overdramatic. I'm being stupid. Max has her own problems. She's dealing with it in her own way. I'll leave her alone. 

-

School is over and I'm on my way outside. But I feel like someone is watching me. The feeling of uncomfortableness causes me to turn around. I scavenge for any eyes that might be on me, but I see nobody. Everyone is walking out of the building. I look further until I see-

Mike?