"Hyung, aren't I too heavy?"

tw: weight insecurities, insecurities in general, breakdowns, unhealthy 'solutions' to weight gain, anxiety, hiding his suffering, eating disorder?

let me know if I missed anything

I haven't really been through a situation exactly like this, but I tried to mush a couple of situations I've been through and people I know have been through, but if anything is wrong and/or offensive, please let me know and I will try my best to fix it!

REMINDER: everyone is beautiful at any weight, as long as you're healthy (or on your way to healthy)

If you're ever feeling down or need someone to talk to, I'm open and will respond when I can :)

requested by: -BabyScar-

Jongho knows he's gained some weight

Jongho knows he's gained some weight. He knows, so why do people have to comment about it? He knows, he knows, HE KNOWS!!

And it sucks because he even put himself on a bit of a diet, one that his hyungs and ATINY shouldn't pick up on (it's not a diet, he's pretty much only eating when someone's watching), but the number on the scale is still going up. Well, it went down a little bit at first, but now it's increasing again. And he hates it.

He hates that the scale's beep sounds more and more like a laugh every time he hears it, he hates that some random people on the internet saw his weight gain and chose to target him for it, he hates that his hyungs haven't even noticed his struggles even though he's trying his best to hide it, he hates how much they've been eating out or ordering in, he hates how he can't seem to lose weight, he hates that he doesn't look like his hyungs, he hates that he's not pretty enough, he hates, he hates, he HATES-

He hates himself.

The realization makes Jongho softly gasp as he looks up from his phone, he was reading more comments about him from people who didn't even know him, or ATEEZ, or anything. He stands up from the couch and excuses himself to go to the bathroom.

He tries to walk over to the bathroom quickly, but is stopped by his oldest boyfriend. Seonghwa picks him up because he hasn't seen the maknae for more than 10 minutes out of schedules in a while.

"HYUNG," Jongho shrieks, instinctively wrapping his arms around Seonghwa's neck, "Hyung! Aren't I too heavy to be picked up?"

Seonghwa immediately shakes his head.

"Of course not baby," Seonghwa says and he puts his youngest boyfriend back on the ground, "why would you think that?"

"O-oh... N-no re-reason!"

Jongho turns away from his confused boyfriend and quickly continues on his journey to the bathroom.

"Oh hey," Hongjoong calls, trying to get his maknae's attention, "Jongho can you- oh, nevermind I guess."