tmth; crying lightning

The vibe at the studio was exactly how Dream imagined it.

The LEDs raced around the ceiling, disappearing down the walls. The furniture looked so comfortable, with fluffy rugs and pillows. A couple hallways went off in different directions; Take Me To Hell followed 404 and Evander down one on the right.

"... later, but for now, we want to see what you guys can do," Evander said.

Dream leaned over to Techno as they entered a room. "What was he saying? I zoned out."

Techno shrugged. "Something about getting a tour of the studio or whatever, right now we're going to show off some shit, so your voice better be ready."

Dream rolled his eyes. "Shut up. You better have your 'drummer skills' ready."

Techno huffed, "Well, considering the fact I have to use their equipment, we're going to have to find out."

The members of Take Me To Hell all got to their designated instruments as the other band sat down in seats off to the side.

Dream tilted his head to look his band members. "Which song do we want to do?"

"Arabella?" Karl suggested.

"Florescent Adolescent?" Techno asked.

"No wait- Baby I'm Yours," Karl said. 

"Crying Lightning?" Tommy suddenly suggested.

Mere shocked silence broke the room. They weren't ready for one of 404's members to suggest a song.

Tommy gave them all an incredulous look. "What? It's good."

Dream shrugged. "Sure, why not... Techno, you remember what you're doing?"

"Fuck off." was his response. "It was one time."

With a laugh, everyone began playing their instruments, a perfect harmony that Dream knew would one day be perfected.

He waited, foot tapping with the beat as he swayed back and forth, lips coming close to the mic to give it a slight rasp, not too much.

"Outside the cafe by the cracker factory,
you were practicing a magic trick."

"And my thoughts got rude,
as you talked and chewed,
on your last of your pick and mix."

Dream glanced to the side just in time to see Wilbur lean over to whisper something into George's ear. George huffed and crossed his arms.

"You said, 'You're nistaken if you're thinking that I haven't been called cold before',
as you bit into your strawberry lace."

"And then a flip in your attention in the form of a gobstopper,
is all you have left and it was going to waste."

Techno, don't screw this part...

"Your past times consisted of the strange,
and I twisted and deranged,
and I love that little game you had called..."

"Crying Lightning."

He added what his band members liked to call a purr at the end of 'crying', rolling it deep in his throat as he looked at George with a smirk.

"And how you like to aggravate the ice cream man on rainy afternoons."

Dream pulled away from the mic, letting the others shine on this part. Techno bobbed his head and down with each bang of the drummers, loose hair flinging with each moment. Karl and Ranboo both looked at each other with a grin.

Tommy was smiling wide as they played, and Dream couldn't help but adore how much the young keyboardist fanned over them.

"The next time that I caught my own reflection,
it was on its way to meet you,
thinking of excuses to postpone..."

"You never look like yourself from the side,
but your profile did not hide,
the fact you knew I was approaching your throne."

Dream looked at George dead in the eyes at the word throne. George held his stare with a flat expression.

"With folded arms, you occupy the bench like toothache,
saw them, puff your chest out like you never lost a war."

He let his voice rise for a mere split second.

"And though I try so not to suffer the indignity of a reaction,
there was no cracks to grasp, no gaps to claw."

"And your past times, consisted of the strange,
and twisted and dranged,
and I hate that little game you had called..."

"Crying lightning."

"And how you like to aggravate the icky man on rainy afternoons."

"Uninvited."

"But not have as impossible as everyone assumes you are."

"Crying lightning."

Ranboo played for a second before Karl began his solo.

After Techno began his steady beating, Dream got close to the mic, lowering his voice.

"Your past times consisted of the strange,
and twisted and deranged,
and I hate that little game you had called..."

"Crying Lightning."

"Crying lightning,"
"Crying lightning,"
"Crying lightning."

"Your past times consisted of the strange,
and twisted and deranged,
and I hate that little game you had called..."

"Crying..."

The instruments slowed back out and Dream had a stupid smirk on his face as they finished. Lynx had a proud smile on his face, Evander was nodding, and 404 looked excited, save for George; which Dream was just so curious why.

"Hell yeah!" Quackity said suddenly. "That was insane, you guys have to join us on our concerts."

Dream glanced over at Lynx, who have a reaffirming nod.

Well," he said, "it's definitely happening now."