56

The moon rose high above in the sky, beaming its light on Vampire city, illuminating the golden buildings and seeping through the dark alleys. The weather was far from calm and it warned of a forthcoming storm accompanied by the wrath of a desperate woman who aspired to by all means be the Queen.

Everywhere was quiet, including the streets and the palace. The wind pushed the trees back and forth, almost pulling them from their roots and every soul seemed to be hidden in their homes, trying to stay warm and comfy. However, Luana stood on the top of the royal building overlooking Vampire city in her black coat, black hat, and boots. Her hair was shoved into the hat and her claws were out. Her brown eyes had turned black as she resolved to fish out the Werecats and kill them before Zeidan comes back. Only then will he see how useful she is to the city as the Queen. Her heart fluttered at the thought of being called out as Queen Luana. The thunder rumbled through the clouds and she closed her eyes, arms spread wide and she looked like she was getting her energy from the approaching storm.

"Here comes Queen Luana!" She yelled and the thunder roared again as if attesting to the announcement.

Opening her eyes, she felt it right to see the army and plan things with immediate effect. The Werecats are around the city already, taking things slowly will only earn them their defeat. She stepped down from the building and made her way to the military field. Her heels clanked in the road and her head played girl on fire as she walked right to the field, fearlessly.

"Nah, I don't think Flora is so bad. I mean she is nice on the bed." The whole men laughed as they sat and laid around the fire outside their tent camps. Some were busy reading books, some drinking beer, and some chattering away just like this handsome bearded man who looked like in his late fifties but agile that just finished talking.

"You're right about that one, brother. I asked her to bring me coffee the other day and she ended up giving me something hotter than coffee." Another man who looked younger also replied and they all laughed.

"Well, she's hot. I give her that but you can tell who is also hot, can't you?" The older man asked again and their expressions became thoughtful wondering who he could be talking about.

"Amanda?" A man called from inside his tent.
"No?" He yelled back to him.

"Cassie?" A young lad asked.

"What? No!"

"Leslie?"

"Okay, enough."

"Luana?" One of the men who sat around the fire called and he slapped a palm across his face.

"No! Not that witch!" They all tapped him as he seemed to have mistaken their words. He looked behind him and he was shocked to see Luana standing there, her face looking all grim and tough as she walked closer to them.

"So, who is the witch?"
She asked but they all kept quiet.

"Nobody. That was a slip of tongue." He replied. She glanced at him from the corner of her eyes.

"You. What's your name?"

"My name is Hudson." The older man replied.

"Nice name. I see you all are enjoying your life. Probably your last days on the planet earth. So, I won't ruin your little party. Not if you refuse to do what I ask you."

The atmosphere suddenly became tense. Tenser than the weather allowed. She looked up at the lightning striking and still warning of a coming storm. She laughed sinisterly.

"You know setting up camps doesn't work with this weather. Also, I'm sure, you wouldn't want to get your furry ass wet so I have something juicy to propose to you." Luana twitched her lips and stared hard at Hudson.
"I understand you're the one in charge of this army."