Chapter 2 - Simple Sip Of Atrocious Aqua

Once that piggie was gone, the other two despaired.

They searched and searched and searched.

Around their house, the streets, their neighborhood.

They even asked other people, but to no avail.

It was useless, and both of them had a sudden realization.

"Our sibling is gone..."

That's what they thought.

Well, one piggie, at least.

The other one never intended to give up the search.

It was the amazing piggie. The one who always put in heaps of effort and basked in the joy of success once it beat its opponents.

True joy. Not superficial.

That exact piggie set out and continued the search.

It went to other people in the hopes of gleaming any kind of information.

It asked and asked and asked.

But eventually...

Even that piggie gave up.

---

Ever since I've established a group of friends and began talking to the "famous elite" of Sekimoto High, my daily life had started to change quite a bit. Of course, I still diligently attended school like any good student would, but instead of eating my lunch in the library, surrounded by a single fairy, I now regularly ate and spent my time with Mimimi, Takahiro, Hinami, Izumi, Nakamura and Takei. And once the end of school arrived, I went home with Mimimi at my side. Everything was going smoothly; I couldn't have imagined all of this happening at the start of my first year of high school. What a breath of fresh air into this monotone and gray life of mine I had been leading for so many years.

One thing that had significantly changed my school life was the fact I'd started talking with Takahiro more during my second-year. Our budding friendship was one of few deciding factors that determined the expanse of my social circle.

That said, it wasn't my idea exactly. Sure, I'd approached him on the barbecue trip, but back then, there was a different motive at work. He was the one who became interested in me for some reason after Hinami lost the student council president election. Takahiro often approached me of his own accord, and since he's one of the most famous and good-looking people at Sekimoto, he naturally drew an appropriate amount of attention with him. I did my best to keep up, but I'm not sure if I always did a good job.

I guess you could say he was trying to raise his own standing by "being merciful to a loner," but Takahiro was clearly a different kind of person. In truth, he was a cheerful, teasing but compassionate guy. He didn't necessarily care about superficiality when it came to his friends, so there was no reason to be overly suspicious.

I guess that's also why I lowered my guard around him—I don't need to awkwardly keep him at arm's length, and as we spend more time together, I'm sure this speck of wariness inside me will wane as well.

With all that said, right now I was being interrogated by that exact same Mizusawa Takahiro about my supposed love life. Earlier, we both excused ourselves to take a leak. Mimimi made a dirty joke in response, insinuating that we were about to do something naughty, but I did my best to ignore her.