Chapter 7 - Valuable Viciousness Inside Validity

A woman so beautiful, even a shining diamond paled in comparison.

"Wow... So beautiful! So beautiful!"

Those were the monster's honest thoughts.

The woman simply stood stock-still, not saying anything, and received the compliments with an expression on her face the monster deemed a "smile."

"Friend! Friend!"

The monster tried to befriend the beautiful woman. Of course, since the monster was so nice, the woman wanted to be friends as well.

She herself possessed a beautiful manor, decorated with the finest arts. She invited the monster to eat a bite.

"Hungry, hungry! Yes, I am so hungry!"

The monster said in response to the woman's invite.

However...

The beautiful woman took her time preparing their food. 

---

"You guys are still going for soccer, right?!" The second Kawamura-sensei handed the reins over to me and Hinami, Takei made the same proposal to the class once again. I wasn't surprised either; at this point, I always assumed that Takei would instantly manage an interruption. I'm not sure if we'd even get much of a discussion going if he kept shouting out his own opinion.

"Nah, we should do basketball!" 

I was wrong.

The person who rebelled was... Tachibana? From what I know, he was a tall guy with short black hair who looked like an athlete. Why did he suggest basketball? Does he play on our school's basketball team? I wouldn't know, since I haven't once talked to him, but he seemed to be pretty social and easy-going.

"What?! You're kidding! Not soccer?!" Takei said, throwing a tantrum because he wasn't able to get what he wanted.

Hinami smiled wryly at me. Kawamura-sensei did say we'd lead the discussion, but judging from how the situation was developing, there was no need for either of the captains to act. We both judged it'd be a good idea to let the discussion play out on its own without any interference from our side.

"I'd rather do softball."

The second guy to shoot his arrow was a member of Tachibana's group. I think his name is Shimizudani. He was buff and had a shaved head, similarly athletic to Tachibana himself. I could see why they were friends.

"Okay, softball is fun, but...," Takei said.

"Eh, soccer's pretty good. I agree with Takei for once," Nakamura said, making his presence known to all.

"Shuuji! I knew you'd come to my rescue!"

"Not doing this for you, Takei."

"Well, if Shuuji wants soccer..."

"Guess there's no two ways about it, huh?"

Suddenly, Nakamura took over the entire discussion with a single comment. Takei, Tachibana and Shimizudani were all jocks—they had decent status, but were below Nakamura in terms of the class hierarchy. Their suggestions were instantly thrown out the window due to their difference in social pull, even though they had more members in their jock group.