SS - Ayanokōji Atsuomi: My Crossdressing Son

Wealth, poverty: Financial disparity.

Highly educated, poorly educated: Educational disparity.

Urban and rural areas. Regional disparity:

Disadvantaged young people, privileged old people: Generational disparity.

Japan is a disparate society. These are just a few instances I mentioned, but they truly represent the difference between heaven and hell. The important thing to remember was that not all realities are stagnant. The poor can rise to become wealthy, and the wealthy could fall to become poor. For example, if you don't like regional disparities, you could move to the city. If you want a good education, you can go to school in Tokyo or Osaka. If you think it's was unfair that the youth have more privileges than adults, then you should probably join the workforce earlier.

Although I understood the logic, I had nothing. I was born in the countryside, extremely poor, and pitifully uneducated. I was not blessed with endurance nor was I a hard worker.

If I had to name one aspect that would've made me a strong fighter, it'd be my youth. However, I didn't make the most of it and spent much of my time in idleness. You could say I had a slow paced life. There was no bright future awaiting me, and there was a possibility that I would simply lead a miserable life.

But I opened up the future with my own hands.

However...

I didn't know that that future would come crashing down on me so soon.

---

"Professor, please take a look at this!"

The man who had just entered the white, pristine estate was none other than Suzukake Tanji. He looked like a sloppy middle-aged man with his stubble beard, but he was two years younger than me. He graduated from the University of Tokyo at the top of his class and came to the U.S., but he had never made any significant achievements.

That is, until the "White Room" project.

Together with Ishida and Souya, the three of them were responsible for the White Room's educational program.

So far, we had educated a multitude of generations, with varying degrees of difficulties. The first generation showed promise, but we slowly ground to a halt as we increased the difficulty and changed the program.

However, none of us had expected the anomaly in the fourth generation.

It was supposed to be a test run, nothing more. We had increased the difficulty to such a degree that no normal human—no, not even extraordinary geniuses could compete. There shouldn't have been a single human being that could have completed the fourth's arduous and grueling training.

But there was one.

The last remaining student, the only "child" to have completed the fourth generation's inhumane and physically and psychologically impossible training. He spent an uncountable number of years in solitude, deprived of social contact with his peers. He didn't have a soul nor should he be classified as a human being. A monster through and through. His intelligence exceeded those of the researchers themselves, his physical prowess triumphed over his educators, and his deviousness allowed him to skillfully influence the institution itself. No feelings, no human emotions, a complete lack of empathy. Only a straightforward, logical path towards their goal.

Ayanokōji Kiyotaka.

My flesh and blood. My son.

But no human could give birth to something inhuman.

"What is it, Suzukake?" I asked the distraught man. When I looked at him, I noticed he was carrying his personal laptop. I suspected he wanted me to show something, though I had no idea what was so important he had to approach me personally for. Suzukake was usually a calm and collected man, so this must have been something truly out of the ordinary.