7

The rest of their evening went by with no more excitement, except for the horror movie Christian had selected from her collection. La'llia recalled how, as they were preparing for bed, Christian had walked the perimeter of the house with her. Ensuring every window and door was firmly locked. She was sure that it was insurance for him, and lead him to her sitting room, where she showed him the surveillance footage and the alarms set about the house.

"No need to worry tonight. This is the finest security system they can make and I can view them twenty four hours a day." He seemed to visibly relax then.

"Thank you." He said and pulled her to him, her chest flush against his own, tucking her firmly beneath his chin again. His hands explored her back, while hers had spanned his chest. This is beginning to be one of my favorite places to be, she had thought. Too soon, he had drawn away from her, clasping her hand and leading her to her bedroom door. When he stopped at the entrance to her bedroom he turned and cupped her chin with his hand. He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, then moved to her closed eyelids, her chin, until finally he found her mouth. His lips were tender as they flitted from one corner of her mouth to the other. She had felt his hold on her shift slightly and he then pulled at her lower lip, teasing her with his tongue. She sighed and allowed him the access he was silently asking for. For a few minutes, they were all that existed, until he pulled away, both pulling much needed air into their lungs.

"Goodnight La'llia." He placed another quick kiss against her lips and then released her. She watched as he made his way to the guest bedroom. She wrapped her arms around her waist, missing his body heat, but feeling her own burning within her core. Want and need for the man warring with the need to protect him. She sighed and had retreated into her room.

Pulling herself out of her own musings she heard the buzz of the doorbell. She quickly looked at her computer screen and saw that Alfred was waiting at her front entrance. She quickly rose and descended the stairs just as Christian was coming up from the basement. He was dressed in cotton shorts and another sleeveless shirt. Sweat made the shirt cling to his chest in all the right spots and his hair was spikey again as if he had been running his fingers through it. A smile crossed her lips and she stopped in front of him and kissed him, reaching up she straightened his hair as best as she could with her fingers.

"Alfred's here. Did you have a good workout?" She asked as she made her way to the door.

"Yes, your gym is amazing. There really is no need for you to go running in the park you know?"

"Oh? I thought I made my need clear." She smirked at his shocked expression and opened the front door. "Good morning Alfred. How was your trip?"

"Uneventful. Thankfully." As Alfred stepped inside his eyes swept to Christian. Taking in his appearance. "Decided to give him a work out already La'llia?" He chuckled.

"No rest for the weary Alfred. But no, fortunately Christian had already established a physical routine. I simply showed him the work room and he did the rest." She walked over to Christian's side and wound her arm through his, leaning against him.

"Good, I like it when new students are already physically fit. It makes the training a little easier." Alfred extended his hand to Christian. "Good morning, pleasure to finally meet you."

Christian took the man's hand, but it was the look of confusion on his face that La'llia began chuckling about. Alfred, being a Master, had many years on her, but she knew Christian was taking in the fact that the man before him stood at least six and a half feet tall. He had a slender frame, but La'llia knew he was toned and fit. Alfred had a receding hairline and although what remained on top was a mousy brown he had silver lining the sides. His chocolate brown eyes were lined with many years of laugh lines.