15

As she crested the hill leading to her property pond her thoughts briefly flashed to the last time she had confronted Damien here. He had threatened Christian that night, and La'llia had regretted allowing him to get away. She would find out who this man was and end his life and if Ben wanted to come at her too, well she would do the same. Alfred had wanted to use their relationship from so long ago to try and turn Ben back to the Code, but La'llia could feel it in her gut. There was no saving anyone tonight. The fight she had longed for over three long weeks was finally here, only now she didn't want Christian in the center of it. Her body began to hum and heat at the thought of him being injured in the process. She could feel the waves roll off from her. The last time Damien had tested her was nothing compared to what she was feeling now.

She approached the three figures cautiously. Her eyes swept the area, taking everything in and formulating her next actions as she did so. Christian was on his knees with his hands behind his back in front of the massive man that had invaded her home. There was another female there, as well as Damien who was leaning casually against her shed. She noticed how this man had grabbed a handful of Christian's hair, yanking his head back exposing his neck, and as she saw the thin red line of blood from where the dagger had cut him, her blood began to boil. "Don't do anything stupid girl." He spit out at her.

She winced at the grated sound of his voice, but quickly switched to fury at his comment. Her eyes narrowed. Girl!? Who did he think he was? She thought. Time for some answers. "Who are you?" she asked keeping her voice even, but low and she needed to remain calm.

He looked at the sword she held in her hand and sneered. "Put it down." Instead of dropping her sword to the ground she jabbed it into the ground. If she needed to grab it quickly it would be within arm's reach. He laughed at her then. "Clever girl, but I see what you are trying to do." He jerked Christian's head back for emphasis. "Step away!"

She took two steps forward towards them leaving it behind her.

"Who. Are. You?" She asked again, her voice icy.

"You, my dear, can call me Bane." Bane?! She thought. That was one of the names she had read in the journals Alfred had acquired. On cue, as if reading her thoughts, he confirmed her inquiry. "I see you've made a connection to the journals. I discovered some time ago that I am a direct descendant to that same man. For years my family has been an outcast to your precious Code. It wasn't until my great great grandparents changed their name that they were finally able to achieve some peace. Did you know my family was harassed because of his history? They were never able to fully appreciate the full scope of their talents because there were no Mentors willing to train them. That all changed and I was finally brought on board to train. It was then that I learned of my true lineage. My father revealed it all to me, but why would I want to disregard what my ancestor started? His vision for all elementals should be all of our vision. Why should we live in oppression because humans fear us? If they want a reason for fear then we shall give them one. We will no longer live in seclusion, and you will either choose the path with us, or you will be eliminated."

"Why me?" She asked.

"I've done my research thoroughly Miss. Stone. Of all Fire Eternals, aside from myself of course, you are the most powerful. Your skills will be an asset to my counsel. And once this young man turns, well he will be one of the greatest healers. Combined your talents will be unstoppable and I want you, it's that simple. Why live in the shadows of your Mentor Miss. Stone? Step forward into the future with me, with us!" He motioned to the woman who remained stationary at his right side. "You already know that Ben had joined me. His will be my Earth Advisor, although of late he has been a slight disappointment. Victoria here will be my Air advisor. I am Fire, but I will rule. This is where you come in Miss. Stone. You will reign as my Fire advisor and with you comes a lovely package of my Water advisor." As he finished his speech he pulled back on Christian's hair again, exposing his face so he could look at him.