15: FORD & JERRY - COUPLING UP

PHOTO above

PHOTO above ... FORD

'La soiree d'apres match de foot '

FORD'S POV:

The after-game party at Randie's house was really jumpin'. All the kids who mattered socially at Carlton High were there, plus a bunch of hangers-on. We were all having a major blast on the huge patio in the back yard. There was a swimming pool and some of the kids were splashing around in it. A whirlpool too, a whole lot less splashing in there, more like total making out. And a cabana house, couples slinking in and out of it as the minutes passed by. Hot bodies, both male and female, were writhing all over to the pounding music of a YouTube party mix coming off Randie's PC in her bedroom via speakers attached to the house. One of the many 'boyfriend' things I did for her last year when we were dating.

Behind all this was about five hundred feet of woods that led to my own back yard around the block. It'd sure been cool while Randie and I were going out all that time. Midnight rendezvous in the middle of the woods. Both of us sneaking up and down the path to climb into each other's bedroom windows. All kinds of sexy fun like that. And she and I, and everybody else, expected it to last forever, we were so hot together. Like, we'd probably get married or something.

But it had lasted less than a year and then it all just seemed to fizzle. And neither of us knew why. Well ... I know why now. The sexy girl around the block from me wasn't built like a muscle dude and she didn't have a dick. She wasn't a boy. I could admit it now - to myself and probably most everybody else. After all the fooling around with Jerry and a few other dudes the last few months, the truth I'd been hiding was absolutely clear - I was not straight nor even bisexual, like I'd been thinking and hoping for a couple years. No way. I was gay, queer, a freakin' darn homo. Yup, totally.

I guess closets are really hard to come out of. I mean, first of all you don't even know you're in one, so used to keeping the truth from yourself with smoke and mirrors and maybe even flashing lights and fog machines. Realizing I was nuts about Jerry got me thinking I was bi. Little did I know that was just a baby step. There was a lot more denial to bust out of. Messing around with Laser and a couple of the other guys on the team, and tripling and quadrupling up with them and Jerry, sort of clanked me on the head. Like bang! I was nuts about them all. Crazy nuts. Man, I liked dudes way more than I'd been thinking I did.

I was beginning to understand that liking boys wasn't the weird and awful problematic thing that so many people said it was. It was holy fucking awesome and totally consumed you, filling you with nonstop love and lust throughout the day and night, with regularly spaced volcanic attacks of mind-blowing testosterone making you so horny you could just swoon back and die from it.

No way liking girls ever did that to me.

And of course, Jerry was my number one - my boy, my dude. I loved and adored him the most, way the hell more than anyone else ...