Chapter 5

Y/n opened the door to see the doll holding a flask in her lap. Ethan stood next to Y/n and looked at the doll.

"This is a trap. This is too good to be true." Y/n said.

"What choice do we have?" Ethan asked.

Y/n reached out to get the flask only for the lights to flicker and then everything went dark.

"I've been waiting for so long... I'd make a much better daughter than Rose. Please won't you stay with me-forever?" A creepy voice said then it giggled.

The lights flickered back on to reveal nothing to Y/n, but a life-sized wooden doll to Ethan.

"Okay, I can't see anything. What do you see?" Y/n asked turning to Ethan.

"Um a doll of Mia... with bullet wounds everywhere. It looks like it can be taken apart in a few spots." Ethan said.

"How odd. I wonder if my memory loss is preventing me from suffering from the hallucinations you are."

"Be lucky if that is the case because my gun is gone. Do you have yours?" Ethan said.

You checked her waist.

"Yeah, I do." Y/n said relieved.

Y/n kinda just stood next to Ethan, watching him touch nothing. Y/n went to explore and found quickly that there were two doors and they were both locked. One needed a key and the other had weird symbols on it. One was missing.

"Hey, dad? Can you tell me if you find any symbols?" Y/n asked.

"Hold on, let me look!" Ethan shouted.

Y/n figured out pretty quickly that she can change the symbols.

"I found a bloody wedding ring... not helpful at this moment..." Ethan mumbled.

"Anything else?" Y/n asked.

"There is a film in the dolls mouth? Why?" Ethan questioned.

"Oh!" Ethan shouted.

"The eye has a triangle with a bird in the middle of it!" Ethan said.

"Okay, well is it left, right, or up? Which direction is it facing?" Y/n asked.

"Uhh... right and it has it's wings out!"

Y/n turned to the right symbol and heard a click sound.

"That's one down, one more to go. Any other symbols?"

"I found a key in her leg? But no symbol. It looks like a winding key." Ethan said.

"Try looking at her arms maybe?" Y/n suggested.

Y/n waited for Ethan to check her arms.

"Okay, three eyes that are closed?"

"Got it!" Y/n shouted.

Y/n switched the bottom symbol to three closed eyes and she heard a click sound.

"Now there is an empty space on the door so I'm guessing we need to find that." Y/n said walking into the room.

"Good to know."

"Did you find anything else?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, an actual key." Ethan signed.

"It will open the door." He added.

Y/n turned around to see the door they came in from. It had a combination lock on it. Y/n began to wonder if the code was related to Ethan and Mia. An idea popped into Y/n's head that she had to try.