Chapter 9

"Miss Y/n! I see you are back from Lady Beneviento's! And I see she gave you a bracelet! What a surprise!" Duke beamed.

Y/n looked at the bracelet that Donna gave her.

"Yeah..."

"It seems she has taken an interest in you." Duke smiled.

"Yes, it seems that way. You wouldn't happen to have her phone number would you?"

"Oh? Do you wish to call Lady Beneviento?" Duke asked.

Y/n reached into her back pocket and pulled out her phone.

"I'm curious if I can call her from my phone or if I have to use the one on the wall next to me. Or do you have a smartphone to give to Donna that will allow her to call me?"

Duke smiled.

"My dear, I have anything you desire! Even modern technology. I'll let you put you phone number into the phone and I'll give Lady Beneviento the instructions on what she needs to do."

Y/n sighed in relief. She put her phone number into the phone and then handed it to Duke.

"Don't worry, this is free of charge!" Duke said.

"How much do you plan on doing for free?" Y/n asked crossing her arms.

"Lady Beneviento is a hard one to get along with. She is terrified of others but is terrified of being alone. That fact that she gave you that bracelet means a lot." Duke said.

"So you've said before. It's honestly just destiny, if you will."

"Might I ask how so? You keep adding more mystery to you." Duke said.

Y/n leaned on the wall and sighed.

"My mother had the ability to see into other's future's. Donna was in my future and that's all I know. I don't know if she has any other powers or not."

Y/n looked at the moon necklace and she started playing with it.

"Mother always loved the moon. She said it will light my path one day. At times I wonder what my future holds." Y/n spoke softy.

A loud roar disrupted the conversation Y/n and Duke were having.

"Well, that means that dad has gotten himself into trouble yet again. I'll be on my way! See you around Duke."

With a wave, Y/n had left and went to see what trouble her father has gotten himself into. I didn't take long for Y/n to find Ethan. He was out of breath with a terrified look on his face.

"What happened to you?"

Ethan turned to Y/n with wide eyes.

"I almost became fish food! I used the zip line to get down from the windmills faster and the fucker jumped to eat me!"

Y/n slightly nodded her head.

"Fair enough. Where is the fish guy anyway?"

Ethan let out a groan.

"I'm not sure. I think he's down in that part of the village. The part that was under water." Ethan said pointing in that direction.

"Oh! So you drained the water? I wonder since he is a fish, how well he can handle not being in water."

Y/n thought about it for a moment before smiling.

"Let's find out!"

Y/n jumped down into the slime filled part of the village. A smile was brought to Ethan's face. Y/n was still as energetic as when she was a child. Adventurous as well. No fear, no hesitation. Y/n was ready to take on anything with focus and determination. It made Ethan miss the times Y/n was a child. All the wonderful memories they had made. With and without Y/n's mother.