Chapter 10

Y/n opened up the message she got from Donna. It said,

Donna: I didn't think stuff like this existed. Duke helped me understand how to... text? Modern things are really odd and confusing to understand. I hope I'm doing it right. Are you okay by the way?

A smile spread across Y/n's face. Y/n texted back saying,

Y/n: Don't worry Donna! You will get the hang of it eventually. Sorry I did text back right away. I was dealing with your brother, Salvatore. He managed to get a big piece of wood into my shoulder.

A minute after sending the text, Donna texted back.

Donna: He lodged a piece of wood into your shoulder!? I'm going to kill him! Wait, you didn't kill him... did you? I mean I know he's gross, everyone thinks that but Mother will be most displeased.

Most displeased? Y/n scoffed to herself. It doesn't seem like Miranda cared about any of them. That could possibly be the reason why Heisenberg wants to help Y/n and Ethan. To Y/n it made complete sense and the puzzle pieces were coming together.

Y/n: Don't worry, I didn't kill him. He's probably still passed out in his gross waters.

Y/n looked up from her phone to still see Ethan talking to Duke. Y/n's phone buzzed getting her attention again.

Donna: Angie is very pleased that you knocked him out. Is your wound okay?

Y/n looked up from her phone for a split second and then tried to ignore Ethan's complaining.

Y/n: Yes, it healed almost instantly. I may not know what I am, but I'm grateful that I can heal so long as I keep up with my body's demands. I don't have much time to talk. We are heading to go get the fourth flask from you brother, Karl. I'll text or call you when I can. See you soon."

Y/n looked up at the sky.

"It's almost day? No wonder I feel tired." Y/n mumbled.

Y/n's phone buzzed once again.

Donna: Be very careful. Karl isn't someone to mess with nor gawk at. I know you are very strong, very powerful, but I fear for your safety. Please be careful. I can't wait for you to come back. See you soon.

A smile spread across Y/n's face. That smile very quickly vanished as Ethan grabbed Y/n's wrist, dragging her to the graveyard.

"Warning next time!" Y/n snapped.

"Know you know how I feel when you scoop me up in your arms and run or jump down." Ethan said.

Y/n put her phone back into her hidden pocket while they walked past the graveyard and past the doors leading to the castle. Up the walk way was an iron gate. Ethan unlocked the gate and the two treaded up the path. Howling and growling filled the air as lycan's with weapons started appearing.

"I swear to fuck if this is a wild goose chase, I'm putting a full round into that cocky pricks head."

Ethan looked at Y/n, her words frightening him slightly. Ethan has noticed that Y/n was getting more and more aggressive lately. Worry was bubbling in Ethan. The last time that Y/n was this aggressive was when her body had those weird marks.

It was still a mystery as what Y/n was. Ethan has had Y/n's blood be tested, but nothing showed up. The next thing was to hook up Y/n to a machine and have them monitor her and take tissue samples. Ethan was against that all together.

Ethan stood back and watched Y/n take out all the lycan's with rapid strikes. Ethan watched as blood splattered everywhere, including Y/n herself. Ethan definitely saw Y/n's mother in her. The way she fights and how passionate were the biggest give aways.

Ethan looked down at the floor. Y/n was all grown up now, she can make her own choices. The thought of Y/n wanting to stay here frightened Ethan. But, then again, what could he do about it? The fact that Y/n stayed behind with that woman Donna Beneviento made Ethan wonder what happened while he was gone.

Why did she want to stay behind? Did she have another vision at some point in time and he didn't remember it? Or did she not tell him? Was Y/n drawn to that woman perhaps?

So many questions filled Ethan's mind. He wants to ask Y/n why she stayed behind. He wants to know if she likes that woman or not. At the same time Ethan doesn't want to push it, especially right now with how Y/n was acting.

Maybe it was fate that this all happened. Maybe Y/n and Ethan being here could fix something. It was such an odd thing for Ethan to think about fate. Y/n's mother was all about fate, paths, visions.

Ethan knows it's going to be hard to let go of Y/n. He missed six years of being in her life. When he saw Y/n again she was thirteen years old. Ethan remembered that day so vividly. It was the week before Ethan and Mia got married. It was a rainy night and there was a knock on the door and Ethan went to go answer it.

Ethan remembered opening the door and shock took over. Y/n was there standing out in the pouring rain with blood on her clothes. That night Y/n met Mia and remembered how uneasy she was around Mia.

"Are you coming or not?" Y/n yelled.

Ethan snapped out of his thoughts and started walking over to Y/n.

"Are you okay?" Y/n asked.

Ethan nodded.

"Yeah, just got lost in my thoughts."

Y/n gave her father a questioning look but dropped it. As Y/n walked away there was one thought that ran trough his mind.

'Will you miss us when you leave?'