Chapter 7

The next couple of days were spent focused on scenes with a few other actors that Annalise hadn't previously had the chance to get to know fully. No Joseph or Nicola in sight as their schedules were misaligned with Annalise's.

She found herself investing most of her free time in getting to know Adam better. He quickly started acting like her big brother on set, which ended up helping them feel more comfortable and familial in the scripted roles of cousins.

On the latter half of the second day, Annalise walked to a bedroom in the estate with Alistar as he outlined and gave preparatory directions for the scene ahead. This scene was meant to be a steamy moment early in the season between lovers - these two lovers being her and Jamie.

"So, we'll cover it from a few different angles, but essentially you just need to look like you're infatuated and in love. Make-up is on standby for subtle fixes in between takes." Annalise nodded along, an uncomfortable feeling sparking in her gut as Jamie came in view just ahead. A smirk was plastered to his face as he watched her approach.

"You ready to have a little bit of fun, love?" She gave him a tight-lipped smile in response, before taking her place in the room.

"Alright, are you both ready?" Martin asked, earning a nod from Annalise and Jamie.

"Sound?" Alistar yelled out.

"Rolling."

"Quiet on set. Mark it!"

A young woman stepped forward with the clapper, "Scene 14.A, take 1."

"Camera?"

"Set."

"Action," called Martin.

"You look ravishing tonight, darling." Jamie stepped forward as Annalise finished taking her earrings out, watching him in the mirror of the vanity. "So ravishing, I might just need a taste." He took another step forward, his arms snaked their way around her waist as he turned her toward him.

Annalise smiled seductively at him, "Well then what are you waiting for, Sergent."

Jamie grabbed her behind the neck and crashed his lips onto hers, backing her up until her rear hit the edge of the vanity. He reached down, finding the edge of her dress and began to lift it slowly before her hands stopped him. Annalise pulled away from the kiss, eyes bright and lipstick sloppy.

"Now, now Sergent. What would my cousin say if he knew what you had just been about to do?" She purred.

"Your such a tease, Amelia," he groaned stepping back while straightening his suit jacket.

"I'll see you in the morning," she smiled and he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

"And, cut!" Martin stood up. "Wonderful work, you two." He continued as Jamie walked back into the room. "Let's reset and run it just like that, 2 more from this wide-shot and then a few other angles. I want to get an up-close of his hand sliding up your leg, too."

The make-up team ensured they both looked prim and proper before Martin called action again - another 32 times to be precise. After a couple of takes, Jamie started getting his exiting lines wrong, meaning they had to reshoot more times than they had originally hoped for. Something that Annalise felt was a bit suspect seeing as he got the lines perfect during the first few runs.

Three hours later and Annalise didn't think she could feel her lips anymore. The make-up team had thankfully brought wipes on the set, so she was able to rid her face of all the smudged lipstick and foundation before having to make the trek to her trailer. Just before she was out of the estate building, though, a hand wrapped around her wrist.

"I just wanted to say," started Jamie. "That if you ever need someone to practice your upcoming intimate scenes with, I volunteer as tribute. I'd love to see what else that mouth could do." He winked and then brushed past her, exiting the building.

A chill ran down Annalise's spine as she exited the building. She didn't like that comment. In fact, it made her skin crawl having someone be that forward with her when she felt she hadn't given them a reason to do so. Her thoughts kept swimming as she slowly walked towards where the trailers were parked.

"In your own little world thinking again?" Anna's head snapped up from where she had been watching her feet kicking pebbles as she walked. There stood Joseph, leaning against a lamp post with a cigarette in hand and a smile on his face.

She smiled at him but it didn't quite reach her eyes, causing Joe to tilt his head.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah, perfectly fine. Just a long afternoon filming the same short scene on repeat. Just a bit drained is all." She took a few steps closer to him, watching smoke swirl around his lips. "Do you mind if I have one?"

His eyes widened, "No, of course, you can." He said as he pulled the papers and tobacco from his back pocket. "I didn't realise you smoked."

"I don't really," she mumbled as she leaned against the other side of the lamp post. "Usually only after long days or a few cheeky pints at the pub."

"Ah, so you're a moocher," he laughed, handing her a perfectly rolled cigarette. He put his between his lips and went to grab his lighter from his other pocket, but Annalise stopped him. She grabbed his shoulder and leaned in closer - touching the tip of her cigarette to the tip of his and sucking softly.

She stepped back, took a long inhale of smoke and released it with a deep sigh. Her eyes closed as she tilted her head back, looking towards the sky.

Joseph's eyes were locked on her the whole time.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked again.

She coughed a little after her second inhale and turned to him. "It's nothing, really. Likely just me worrying about nothing again."

"Again? Wait, does this have to do with Jamie?"

Annalise averted her gaze and started chewing on her bottom lip, "Really, Joe. I shouldn't have even said anything. It's nothing."

He continued to watch her, skeptically, as they both finished their cigarettes. "It's getting dark out. Let me walk you the rest of your way to your trailer and help you back to the hotel?"

"Of course."

Joseph plopped down on the couch in Annalise's trailer as she stepped into the bathroom to take a quick shower and change. As she came back out, she caught him engrossed in the latter half of her book smiling as he read to himself. He looked up at the sound of the bathroom door closing.

"An-na-lise," he started, drawing out every syllable of her name. "You naughty girl."

Her eyes grew wide as she ran over and snatched the book out of his hands, scanning the page he was reading. A page she had yet to read herself. A page filled to the brim with smut.

"Oh my god," her cheeks grew red instantly.

"Hey, this is a judgment-free zone," Joe laughed, standing up and taking the book out of her hands to place it back on her coffee table.

"I swear, Joe, I didn't know-"

"Shhh, shh shh," he held up a finger to his lips. "What you do in your own time is none of my business," he finished with a wink. "Now, let's go."

To say the drive back to the hotel wasn't the slightest bit uncomfortable for Annalise would be a massive understatement.

****

Word Count: 1250