Chapter 12

Annalise felt nervous butterflies in her stomach as she stared at her reflection in the restroom mirror of the bar. She had arrived on the date 5 minutes early out of sheer impatience and anxiety. After a quick scan of the establishment, she realised Theo was yet to arrive and immediately scuttled off to the loo for a self-pep-talk.

Two young ladies stumbled into the bathroom giggling before heading into a stall together.

"Did you see that guy at the bar? So hot."

"The one with the DIMPLES, oh my god I know."

"And those eyes. I would do anything for them to be on me."

Well, I think Theo's here, Annalise thought to herself. She quickly touched up her deep red lipstick and made her way to the front of the bar. She spotted him almost instantly – although, he was hard to miss what with the three women surrounding him and laughing. She walked up behind them and cleared her throat, gaining the attention of all four.

"Annalise, you look lovely," Theo said, stepping out from the group of women and taking her hand. He placed a small kiss on top. Her mind fluttered back to when Joseph did the same thing, back at Bellamy studios. Her cheeks didn't go red this time as they had back then.

"And you look handsome, although I'm sure you've already heard that two or three times tonight," she gave him an innocent smile as her eyes flickered to the women still standing nearby, watching the entire exchange. He gave her a nervous laugh while scratching the back of his head.

"Can I get you a drink?" the bartender called out to them.

"Sure mate. I'll have a whiskey, neat. And you?" Theo turned to Annalise, grabbing her forearm to pull her closer in.

"Just a glass of your house red would be lovely, thank you." The women finally dispersed, leaving the two to their date.

"So, how have you been, gorgeous?" Theo asked, leaning in a bit closer than Annalise was comfortable with.

"I've been really good, thanks. Keeping busy. And you?"

"Yeah, same same. Work is mad busy at the moment. Cheers mate," he nodded to the bartender as they set their drinks in front of them. He quickly paid and then nodded to a small table in the corner. "Shall we get a bit more comfortable?"

After quickly heading over and getting settled into their seats, Annalise asked, "Right, so what is it that you do?"

"Oh, I'm a labouror. I mainly work in construction and help refurbish homes or build new ones."

"My dad was a builder! He loved it but it was such a draining job."

"Yeah, it can be really full on but it definitely helps to keep these bad boys," he lifted up his right arm and flexed his bicep. Annalise blushed but more out of embarrassment than attraction. "What about you?"

"Hmm?" she sipped on her wine.

"What do you do for work? You don't sound like you're from around here, either."

"Oh no, I'm not. I'm actually American but I've lived in London for a long time. My father is English, so I'm a dual citizen."

"No way! Your accent is so weird. I definitely thought it was English, but you're right. There is something a little off, like American, about it."

"Yeah," she laughed at his excitement. "Oh, and I'm an actress."

"What!? Full of surprises aren't you? I wonder what other little secrets you're hiding," he winked at her while he took a drink.

"I guess you'll just have to find out," she flirted back.

"I like the sound of that challenge," He leaned forward on the table. "So, tell me more about this acting. Is that what's brought you to Bath?"