Chapter 13

The week off in London ended up being just as busy as when she's on set, if not more so. The day after Annalise settled back into her flat, she met up with her agent, Antony, to discuss finding herself a manager and possibly even an assistant to help keep both Anna's social and working life in order.

Having people actually working for her, full-time, was something that had never even crossed her mind. But there she was, shuffling through CVs and shortlisting potential employees. Annalise was able to narrow down the batch to 10 potential people and left the decision process with Antony. She fully trusted his opinion and knew he would choose the perfect person to handle everything come time for promoting the series.

Come the next day and Annalise was catching up with friends she hadn't seen or spoken to in the last month due to filming. Her social battery was completely drained as she crawled her way into bed that night. She didn't even need to listen to her normal rain sounds – she was asleep in the blink of an eye.

By mid-week, Annalise started missing her castmates – much to her surprise – and decided to join Nicola on set for a fashion shoot. Modeling was something Annalise had only briefly dabbled in, mostly for her professional acting headshots. She knew it would be in the cards for her future, though, so she took this time with Nicola as a bit of an educational session.

She found herself off to the side, perched on a stool with a coffee in hand, while Nicola effortlessly posed in stunning, couture gowns. Anna took note as Nic moved fluidly from one pose to the next, almost like a dancer, never stopping for too long. The photographer gave her praise almost every other second, and Anna understood why. There was a screen just a few feet in front of her showing the images as they were captured...and they were the epitome of chic.

Annalise was in a trance, daydreaming about all the lace and tulle she'd get to wear one day when her phone dinged. She looked down and swiped up, revealing a mass message from Adam inviting all cast and crew in London to his that night for a party. She heard the sounds of heels clickity-clacking her way at a fast pace and looked up just in time to see Nicola coming to a halt in front of her.

"We're going, right? Tell me you're free," she shoved her phone into Annalise's hand. She had received the same invite.

"It doesn't look like I'm going to have much say in the matter," she laughed as Nicola did a happy dance back over to the photography set-up.

****

Nicola and Annalise rolled up to the cast and crew party together, just after 9 pm. Nicola had insisted on being fashionably late, something that was not sitting well in Annalise's slightly OCD and anxiety-ridden mind.

"Nicola, hurry up!" Anna whisper-screamed to her friend from the front porch of the townhouse. Nic was taking her sweet time chatting with their Uber driver.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Sheesh," she joined her friend and pressed the doorbell. Adam greeted them cheerfully.

"Ladies! So glad you both could make it," he guided them through the front hall. "Everyone is hanging in the lounge area. Feel free to grab a drink and join them. I'm just going to run up to the loo." He disappeared up the steps within seconds.

Annalise and Nicola rounded the corner and spotted loads of familiar faces. Daniel and Joe sat off on the love seat, Jamie was leaning against the fireplace talking with Amber (one of the maids), and a few of the familiar crew members were littered about.

"I'll grab us a drink, Anna. You go join everyone," Nicola wandered off in the direction of the kitchen.

"Anna! Come join us," Daniel scooted even closer to Joe, signaling her to squeeze into the tight space on the couch beside him. Nicola quickly joined them, handing Annalise what appeared to be a gin & tonic.