Chapter - 5: Realization & New Neighbor

[ Third Person POV: Y/N L/N ]

--

Glancing at the Priestess of the Ancient Ones- Ninomae Ina'nis, Y/N's eyebrows twitched.

' I thought the third time is lucky... It seems I was lied to.' Y/N knows anything to do with "Lovecraft" is a bad idea. Especially a Priestess.

And yet... Why can't he tell her to piss off? He tried too many-many times - but the words kept on getting stuck in his throat.

It gets to the point where Ina even thought something was wrong and tried to help him in any way she can.

Another thing about her... She's too nice. She's too nice to be dealing with those Lovecraft Gods. An ironic play on their part, he thinks.

It's a miracle she's still alive and not locked up somewhere. She's too nice and naive. So naive the world would eat her whole and leave nothing behind...

' Ah... I see.' Suddenly knowing why he feels like this, Y/N felt like smacking himself.

' So this is what it's called to be nice... How have I forgotten this feeling?' The World loved to just give snd take. She gave him power and took his senses of goodness, and gave him cruelty and pride while taking what made him Y/N and turning him into - The Apocalyptic Dragon God - White Fatalis. First & Last of the Elder Dragons. Another ironic play in his opinion.

' The Gods and their Fates just love fucking with me huh? Trying to turn into their guard dog? Their sword?' He can't have that now, can he?

" Oh! This is pretty! How was this made Miss?"

Breaking Y/N out of his thoughts was Ina's soft and soothing voice that brought about his realization.

Watching as she talks happily with a shop owner about some jewelry, a genuine smile slowly made its way onto Y/N's face.

' It seems I made up my mind.' Closing his eyes, he blissfully sighed. A deep feeling disappearing from his heart and very soul. Chains around his body faded away. A collar around his neck vanished into nothingness.

" Ah... So this is what it feels like to be free." He mumbled to himself.

" Y/N are you okay? Is something wrong with your throat again?"

Looking down, a soft smile appeared on his face, making Ina blush brightly," Nothing is wrong Ina. Nothing at all." Patting her head, Imaginary steam left her ears," And it's all thanks to you. So thank you, Ina."

" But... I didn't do anything." Ina let out, truly feeling confused.

" But you did." Patting her head again, Y/N's eyes glowed," But you did."

" W-What did I d-do?" Ina asked, losing herself once again in a sea of roaring crimson seas.

" That's a secret, love." Y/N put his hands in his pockets.

" L-L-Love?!" Ina blushed again," Wh-Wha-What does that mean?!"

" You must never meet the brits." Y/N chuckled," It's just a saying, don't think about it."

Smiling at the shop owner, Y/N started walking," Let's get going, shall we?"

" Get going well?" Not wanting to be left behind, she kept with Y/N at his side.

" Your new apartment of course."

" Eh?! Wh-What do you mean?" Ina asked, stopping in her tracks.

" I got you an apartment next to mine." Y/N flashed Ina a smile," So, please come on. The night is no place for a beautiful young lady like yourself."

" B-Be-Bea-Beautiful?!" Ina's face immediately became red upon hearing Y/N.

" Yes, beautiful."

" Y-You don't f-find my appearance weird?" Ina asked. If by popular opinion - she's not beautiful at all. Y/N is literally the first person to tell her that!

" Not at all." Y/N shook his head," You're a Goddess to do what I have seen."

" T-That's going too far!" She looked away, fearing Y/N will see her face.

" Mm, I don't think so." Y/N struggled with his shoulders," Then again - It's just my opinion, so who cares, right?"

"..." Not knowing what to say, Ina kept on looking away. This Y/N is something else. Someone different than what she's used to, so she has no words for what to say or do. Is she supposed to just smile and walk? Yell she does and hug him? She has no idea! It's all new to her!

Shaking his head with a smile, Y/N took Ina's soft hand in his. Feeling no resistance, he started walking, as she followed by him.

Giving her hand a gentle squeeze, he got her to look at him. Her eyes flashing with all kinds of emotions and feelings.

Opening his mouth, he said something different than what he was gonna say...

" Don't worry."

*!*

With just these simple two words, Ina's mind calmed down. With those words - she feels...safe...and really tired.

" Wow!" Catching her body, Y/N's eyes widened.

" So...sleepy..." Ina said,' So warm... So warm...' She thought to herself, falling asleep in Y/N's embrace.

" Then sleep, Ina. Y/N will take care of everything for you." Y/N stroked her head.

Upon hearing Y/N, Ina finally let herself sleep. All her adventures and running caught up to her. All those emotions finally being set her.

At long last - she found peace.

**

[Yami Omikami(Author): I as the Author hoped you enjoyed your read. Even though I am a beginner In terms of writing Fanfics, I will be sure to give you good Grammar and steady updates(hopefully). Likewise; Feedback is greatly appreciated! And don't be afraid to comment, I don't bite~ ]

**