Prologue

When Amelia Rose Dove turned the age 16 she had prayed that she would be taken - taken away from this hell that she had called home. That she would fall in a deep love and a knight like in one of those story's her momma used to read to her when she was a little girl would come a rescue her. Take her away from her drunken father, and take care of her.

Someone to protect her from all the darkness in the world. Someone to hold her and tell her it's okay. Someone to who wouldn't hurt her when she said something wrong. Someone to take her to a graceland, where she could live a peaceful life.

Amelia's older sister; lily had managed to get out and leave the family house years ago as she fell in love with a man she met, a french soldier, leaving the younger sister alone to deal with the torture their father had strung upon them. If she could lily would take her little sister with her in a heartbeat however it wasn't .

Their father wasn't just some man. He was the state representative of where they lived. If the girls spoke bad of their father they would end up being locked up, so they couldn't tell anyone about the conditions they lived in, so they haven't told anyone still to this day because they did not want to end up like that.

Once upon a time Amelia was a daddy's girl, she loved him with all her heart as did he, he protected her. But the day her mother died when she was 14 and Lily being 19, he wasn't violent towards Amelia until her sister left to be with her French lover. The day he hit her was the day her heart broke into thousands of little pieces and yet she still wants his approval in the things she does.

Amelia lost all the hope she had left, maybe she doesn't have a knight like she always thought she had. Maybe she was supposed to live the rest of her life in terror, her child like innocence the only thing that kept her warm, until she was dragged by her sister to join her and her french fiancé to the carnival. A carnival where she meets the future king of rock.

When Elvis Aaron Presley turned 19 years old he went to a record company called Sun records to record a song as a gift for his mother

When Elvis Aaron Presley turned 19 years old he went to a record company called Sun records to record a song as a gift for his mother. What he didn't know that him singing that song in just what that company needed and when they played the song on the radio teenagers loved it, people played it on repeat. He played for the first time in front of a crowed of people he was nervous, of course he would be and when he got laughed at he became someone else, he became a superstar.

Now, Tom Parker. The snowman. He saw talent in the boy and he had left Hank Snow and became Elvis's manager.

Elvis never really thought he would settle down for a girl, until one night when he was performing at a carnival he had met an old friend who was an soldier and went to France. This carnival now had some importance to it, he meets the future sister in law of that friend and let's just say he was struck, lost for words.