Six

CHAPTER; Six

Elvis Presley arrived home about 30 minutes after dropping off Amelia

Elvis Presley arrived home about 30 minutes after dropping off Amelia. He couldn't keep the grin off his face when he walked through the doors of Graceland his mom noticed it first but decided to not mention it. Of course he mentioned a girl he had met at a carnival but Elvis always meets a range of girls at all the carnivals he had performed in, but that smile, he hasn't smiled like that in a long time.

Amelia Dove sat on her bed with her teddy in between her arms singing along to one on Elvis's songs on her pink radio player. She had just gotten out the shower and had put on her baby pink night gown staring at the telephone waiting for it to ring. Her father was going to be out all night- he had written a little notes just saying 'going out. Be back tomorrow'. Let's just say how Amelia was even more happy she has had a lucky day. Her lovely picnic with Elvis went great and now her father isn't home.

When Amelia Rose Dove was born she was the apple to her fathers eyes. Both her father and her mother met at a carnival and they got to know each other, than a year later they had her. They were the perfect family but that had changed when Amelia turned 6 her father told her that her mothers wasn't well and it looked bad. Poor Amelia didn't think this illness would last long as her mother was fine a week before. The illness did not pass. Two months later she died. Amelia was devastated and her father well he was heartbroken, the love of his life had left him, he didn't know how to raise a child, all he knew was how to make her smile. Things didn't get better but they weren't terrible, the two were distant Amelia still loved her father with every tiny bone in her body, however her father slowly started seeing her as an obstacle.

Lily Dove, she was another story, she became reckless when her mother died, she was 12 at the time her mother had her before she met the man at the carnival but he still loved her as his own daughter. Well that all changed when his wife died. He flipped the switch. He hated her, he chucked her out of the house when she told him how she met a man who fought in a war. Amelia she loved her older sister, she protected her, but now Amelia is older and she should start to stop relying on lily as soon she might have children and she might become the obstacle like she was with her father.