One

CHAPTER; ONE

(Trigger warning: this chapter includes details of physical + verbal abuse)

THE MELODIC VOICE OF, Tony Bennett played through Amelia's baby pink record player her older sister had gifted her as an early birthday present

THE MELODIC VOICE OF, Tony Bennett played through Amelia's baby pink record player her older sister had gifted her as an early birthday present. Little giggles escaping as her baby pink night gown skirt spins in circles as she swung her teddy bear around, a huge grin on her face before she fell on her bed, the song playing softly in the background.

A small huff left her pink pouty lips as she say up on her bed. Looking around her white and pink room. The same room her mommy had designed for her before she passed away. Daydreaming of her mother was a normal thing for her, how she wished her mommy was still here.

Her daydream was cut off when she heard the car door slamming in the driveway meaning her daddy was home. Her heart dropped almost immediately as she shot up from her bed, rushing to turn the record off and shoving anything she left on the floor in her closet.

It was almost as if every step her father took was just another taunting minute, her stomach which has been dropped and her heart rapidly beating - oh how she hoped he wasn't in a bad mood, she hoped come home and pour himself some whisky and forget her presence in the house, maybe even pass out on the couch or he might end up go out again tonight.

The key word maybe.

Amelia sat in pure silence, her hands shaking as she gripped her teddy bear closer to her chest. Hiding her face in the fuzzy toy.

"Amelia!" That was it.

A small whine left her lips as she noticed the rage in his voice, his footsteps getting louder and closer to her.

Amelia was certain her heartbeat could be heard a mile away as the sound was so loins that she hadn't registered that he was right in-front of her. Her eyes close as she replays the song of Tom Bennett in her head. Her mind wonder was cut short by her father grabbing a fist full of her hair from the back of her head.

Her teddy falling from her tiny hands while a little yelp left her throat, her mind not being able to comprehend that her body was getting thrown onto her bed, her head hitting the headboard causing a loud cry from her.

"Stop bloody cryin'  and fucking listen to me!" His thick southern accent drawing out his harsh words.

A puff left Amelia as she tried her hardest to get rid of the tears falling down from her red cheeks, her hands fisted into a ball as she shook. "your sister is comin' down, lord knows that her and that stupid boy of hers wont be stayin' here in my house but listen closely to me girl, if I catch you getting any type of those sinful ideas that stupid bitch puts in your little head. You wont ever see the bright light of day again... Do I make my self clear?... Do you under stand me?"