chapter 3

y/n's pov

[ now ]

-------------------------

aric lesso?

as in, lady lesso?

she had a son??

your thoughts were very rudely interrupted by aric.

"what are you doing in the woods. aren't you a student? then why do you have the old school pins?" he inquired.

"what do you mean, old? aren't these the ones that we had last year? also, i'm in the woods because i left the schools last year about halfway through, " you explain.

"oh, that explains it. this year the schools have been split into the school for boys and the school for girls. the new school for girls dean is that scum sader."

"sader? august sader? but isn't he a guy-"

"no, his sister, you twit." he answers.

"number one, i'm not a twit," you snarl, "number two, i've been gone for almost two years from the schools, so i suggest you show some kindness, twit." you pause, "i don't appreciate being called a twit, and plus, consider who's the twit here."

aric's pov

[ now ]

-------------------------

i barely conceal my shock. this stranger, this girl, has the audacity to question my dominance? can she not see the whip coiled around my waist? i've delivered many punishments in the doom room, yet deep inside, i know i wouldn't have whipped her even if someone specifically asked.

this girl is bold for sure. i'm not sure if i like it or not.

i'm drawn to her? the real question is why. i hated women after my mother left me. hate, not hated. i correct myself mentally.

i mask my face in the scowl i usually have it set to. i have to work very hard to suppress my smile.

yet, it still shows through, just a bit.

y/n's pov

[ now ]

-------------------------

he's smiling.

he's smiling!

did you make him smile? your heart beats loudly in your ears.

he turns to leave.

"where are you going??" you panic.

"back to my school, of course. though i do hope i'll see you again. day after tomorrow, this time?" he asks.

his smoky purple eyes bore into you.

"yes!"

before you stop yourself, you rush over and hug him. to your surprise, he hugs you back.

"see you?" he gently whispers.