chapter 6

a/n - okay ignore whatever i'm spps to do in the front format bc i'm lazy rn

y/n's pov (now)

"aric? why are you here? how do you know where i live?" you stumble in shock. luckily, he reaches out an arm to catch you, causing you to blush in surprise. "if you don't want me here i'll leave," he states bluntly. the intense glare of his purple eyes bore into your e/c ones as he speaks.
"no, i'm just caught off guard, why are you doing this for me? i'm an ever, and a girl which completely conflicts with whatever side you're on??" your attitude is flaring up and his nonchalant attitude is starting to get you worked up.
"calm down, woman," he laughs, catching you off guard. " i overheard some Evers talking about how it was your birthday today."
you were so shocked by this that you almost tripped over again. since it had been so long since you had interacted with anybody it was completely meaningless for you to know what day it was.
"o-oh of course!" you say in an attempt to cover up for your confusion.
"of course you knew that," aric rolls his eyes sarcastically.
"hey! i did!!!" you punch his arm jokingly.
to your surprise he flinched slightly at this gesture.
"oh my god i'm so sorry.." you say after noticing his defensive movement. "no- don't be. it's just instinct," he says with something unintelligible flashing in his eyes. "anyways, the trial is coming up and for some reason those girls are saying that you would be a powerful asset in the trial for them and their side, since you had always had a certain ferocity that was notoriously unmatched. even in the sparring classes that boys were forced to take, sometimes when a boy was beat they would even be dared to spar with you. it was quite funny for the girls and they often found it non feminine to fight but you had always been intrigued with the idea of sparring.
"pcht," you scoffed, "like hell i'm gonna fight for them with all the bad shit they've done to me," you said.
"well then.. i have a good idea." he proposed, "why don't you join the girls team
and help me sabotage them from inside?"
you grinned evilly. "that's a great idea, Lesso."

_______
chapter end!!
how was this?? please comment!! votes are dearly appreciated <3 i kinda forgot what happened in the series it was a while ago that i reread the books so apologies if i have the timeline goes wacky please inform
me of any problems!! as always thank you all sm for reading this it warms my heart !! you are all loved and don't forget to drink some
water u dehydrated bitch (jk i love yall)🤬