chapter 4

y/n's pov

[now (the day where you're spps to meet him in the woods]

-----------------------

    i hope this isn't a joke?... you think as you enter the woods for your secret(???) meeting with aric.
    you're on high alert, and by extension, so is your necklace, which is ready to protect you from harm at a moment's notice, its jewel pulsing brightly.
    "looking for someone?" a familiar voice asks from behind you.
    you whip around; "aric?"
    "who else?"
    you smile; good to know.
"glad you didn't back out, my [y/n]." he whispers, creeping up in front of you and lifting your chin. his hands are so warm...
"how could i?" you answer, "it's you." 

his pale skin flares up into a slight pink blush. this makes you laugh quietly. 

"something funny?" aric says pointedly. "i can leave if you want," he offers, reading your pink cheeks as uncomfortableness.

"no, no please stay!" you answer. "i've been meaning to ask you something," he nods and indicates for you to continue, "you know how there's a trial this year? girls versus boys, tedros came up with."
aric curls his lip at the mention of tedros. "him? the short blond boy?" 

"yeah," you nod. "that's him."

"anyways, back to what i was saying, are you going to join?" you question.

aric runs his tongue over his gleaming white teeth. "are you, darling y/n?" his sharp canines glint in the dusky evening air. 

"if you are," you reply.

"oh, i am. of course if you are, who else would protect you?" he murmurs, his bony fingers caressing your chin. 

"i don't need protecting." you respond adamantly. 

he only chuckles, playing with a strand of your [y/h/c] hair in response. you two sit like this for a while, enjoying the slight breeze tickling your faces. his jet black hair slightly rustles in the wind, fluffy and clean.

when it's time to leave, you do so remorsefully. 

"next week this time?" he asks, "you better show up." he licks his lips again. a shiver goes down your spine.

"of course." you reply, trying to add more conversation so he won't leave so quickly.

"i must leave now. goodbye darling [y/n]" he gently pets your hair. you roll your eyes.

as you leave, you could've sworn you heard; "i love you!!"

---

a/n ;

sorry ab the shitty writing. it's 1am on a school day lmfao...